0.5 bar working pressure, 15 litres per min cold main

Sponsored Links
Ive used those on well supplies before but thought they were a bit noisy for inside the property, anyone tried this ;

http://www.twsuk.com/?p=mbchome[/QUOTE]

I was assuming he had somewhere to put it. Even if its out the way or bo ed in in the loft, insulated and sound proofed.

There accumulators mate. Was talked about earlier in the topic. I assume it uses the pump to boost the working pressure to 2bar so the accumualtor then works? I may be wrong tho..... Never fitted on with a pump tbh Cant see =the point?

pump connects direct to the mains (???) and charges the accumulator to 3.5 bar, that then tops up the main where necessary as the pressure is dismal

pump connects direct to the mains (???) and charges the accumulator to 3.5 bar, that then tops up the main where necessary as the pressure is dismal

not used one before but not enough pressure alone for an accumulator and takes up less room than a break tank and more siting options in this property

price is very comparable to a break tank and pump too!!

Sponsored Links

Sounds about right. So when the working pressure reaches 2bar the accumulator will then cut in. Same prob with noise as the CWS idea then tho.

As said earlier, i cant remember weather or not the accumulators need a MIN of 2bar working pressure or standing pressure. If its standing pressure then the OP could just use an Accumulator on its own.

I know theres a min flow rate requirement for them too. I could always give Bret the OSO rep a call for you if you get stuck or even give you his number. He is very helful

I've never used one, but I thought an accumulator merely stored pressure from the mains when it is good until such times when it is poor, in other words, there's no pump.

I hope someone will put us all right on this, as it's late, but I didn't want the OP to be misled.

They do mate but as i said earlier i think they need a min working pressure too as they need a 1,5bar pressure difference. So a min of 2bar (this could be standing i cant remember)

The one in the link uses a pump, which makes me think it's W.P?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back