1 cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The kitchen radiator was turned off for painting. Afterwards the radiator was bled & became hot immediately.

Since then it has been stone cold, although the 2 pipes leading into the rad (both pipes at the same end of rad) are hot.

Can anyone help. I heard something about turning all the rads off and "boiling" the air lock (if it's that) out of the top of the system. If this is the case do I turn all the rads off apart from the highest one or not?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
If you have hot water up to the valve and you have bled the rad then I would guess the valve is the problem. I have never used the combined valves before but I presume there are 2 adjusters one for flow and one return - are these opened correctly?
If the valve hadn't been touched for a while before you turned it off it could simply be stuck - strange it worked once though.
You could try turning off other rads to increase the flow to this one - or remove the rad and give a good flushing out with a hose as it could be full of sludge.

I agree with Ant, it's not a air pocket problem, but can you remove the radiator for cleaning by closing off the 'flow' and 'return'.
If you can, why not try opening each of these while the radiator is out of use to see if the valves are stuck or restricted.
I reckon youv'e used 'non flow' paint and the radiator has got the hump
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back