10.5kW SHOWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After around 20 minutes of being on my shower is cutting out. The trip switch is going down. There is a 45A switch connected. I notice that the socket located outside the toilet can get warm. What could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks

G

Sponsored Links
Maybe your heatings turned up too high :LOL:

On a serious note, there could be a number of issues. Socket outside the toilet? As in a plug socket, or do you mean the power supply to the shower? The cable could be too small, the terminals not screwed up tight enough, etc.

Which trip switch is tripping?

Can you post a few pics of your consumer unit showing the trip switch?

Sponsored Links
Your fuse is correctly sized so best to check out your cable size. take a photo or find out it's size and let us know.

ebee said:
Who the heck takes 20 minutes to have a shower!

I do. In our over-the-garage bedroom, I need to warm up before climbing into bed.

10500W @ 230V = 45.65A.

Cable size should be min 10mm².

What length of circuit is it?

What kind of CU/RCD etc..?

adwt2004 said:
Your fuse is correctly sized
Alright Einstien, how did you work that out??? :eek:

It almost certainly is underrated, which is why its tripping, therfore it isn't correctly sized. ;)

But before any remedial work is carried out, the OP must determine the cable size and the MCB size.

If it is 10,5kW, then uprate cable CPD & switch to 50A minimum.

But you need to be sure your CU & supply gear will take this load.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back