12v accessory alarm wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I have purchased (whilst under the influence of stupidity) a cheap accessory alarm for my 20 year old 4x4 truck.
As I dreaded the instructions are mainly in Chinglish :( Although I've managed to make sense of most of it with one main exception. The relay .

I have attached two pics , most of the wiring is dead straightforward but the relay has got me confused. The relay is a 4 pin with the following numbers on it :

Can anyone tell me what relay pins go to where ? i.e. pin 30 goes to ignition live etc etc I'm really at a loss :rolleyes:

IMAG1341.jpg
IMAG1342.jpg

Sponsored Links
been there done that.

Anyone else have anything a little more constructive to offer please.

I think a multimeter would be a help here, but basically you are going to use this relay to switch on or off the engine stop solenoid, on the injector pump. This will be the one wire that you want to break.
If the connection of this wire is continuous, the vehicle will start - if it is broken by the relay, it wont.
So, when the alarm is activated, pin 30 will connect to pin 87 - or vice versa. With the alarm off, check to see if there is continuity. If there is, try the other pin 87 connection. At the same time, it looks like the unit will connect pin 85 to ground.
Sorry if this sounds a bit vague, but that is the only function for this relay - to make or break the solenoid wire.
(The relay diagram isn't particularly clear, and I guess the 'high voltage loop' refers to the ignition coil of a petrol engine. I hope yours is a diesel?)
John :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Relay diagram seems strange.

Simply cut the wire where shown and then one cut end to 30 and the other to 87.

Thanks guys (yes it's a diesel) , I had never considered it being an immobiliser :rolleyes:

Much appreciated, I'll have another play with it tomorrow :mrgreen:

If that part of the alarm gives you a problem, there's nothing to stop you extending the wire to the injector pump stop solenoid, and fitting a heavy duty toggle switch which you hide somewhere.....
Canny bit more reliable, too!
John :)

I don't like the way the schematic shows 87 being connected to +12v, to me that shouldn't be there.

Sponsored Links
Back