13 amp socket from lighting spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am running two external halogen security lights from a spur from the internal lighting circuit to the main fuse box and I am planning on cutting into this and putting a junction box so that I can add a single 13amp socket so that I can power an 8 volt pin hole camera from it's AC/DC adapter. The 13 amp socket will only be accessible form a ladder so is unlikely to be used by any one else for anything other than this camera. How ever this installation is at work and I am a caretaker to residential flats and need to comply with current legislation. Is it okay to continue? All help would be much appreciated? Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
The accessories will need to be suitably IP rated, to withstand environmental conditions.
What are the output of the lights?
What fuse rating are the light on?
and what amp rating is the adaptor?

Hi all,
How ever this installation is at work and I am a caretaker to residential flats and need to comply with current legislation. Is it okay to continue? All help would be much appreciated? Thanks!!

I think this will be the part which will stop you unless you have the required training, qualifications and test gear.

Indeed it will - it will be illegal for him to do the work and will constitute a (probably serious) disciplinary offence re his employment.

Also....
pin hole camera
Aren't there laws about secretly filming people?

Sponsored Links
Aren't there rules about common areas in flats being outside DI scope ?

The accessories will need to be suitably IP rated, to withstand environmental conditions. YES
What are the output of the lights?WELL THEY TAKE 300-500WATT BULBS BOG STANDARD PIR MOVEMENT AND LIGHT SENSITIVE UNITS
What fuse rating are the light on? 5AMP
and what amp rating is the adaptor?500mA

The accessories will need to be suitably IP rated, to withstand environmental conditions. YES
What are the output of the lights?WELL THEY TAKE 300-500WATT BULBS BOG STANDARD PIR MOVEMENT AND LIGHT SENSITIVE UNITS
What fuse rating are the light on? 5AMP
and what amp rating is the adaptor?500mA
No he didn't.

Indeed it will - it will be illegal for him to do the work and will constitute a (probably serious) disciplinary offence re his employment.

Also....
hoarem wrote:
pin hole camera

Aren't there laws about secretly filming people? I am always getting into trouble so no change there then, no we have a series of dummy CCTV so already have relevant signs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back