13 in 1 ladder - is it any good?

Sponsored Links
Perfect for marketing to numptys

Try balancing or even working on it in platform mode - it takes years off your life.

I like how it is described as storing easily and being compact

It may be useful as a single length and folding step ladder. The other 11 uses are nonsense

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Someone elsewhere linked me to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhMfzc9RbU

Great for a laugh!

Also, I don't think the 13 in 1 would be tall enough for the kinds of things I mainly need a ladder for, so I think I'm going to stick with a more traditional aluminum ladder, either a 2 or 3 section with a minimum of 6m length total.

The only thing would be storage, as I will mostly likely need to keep it outside. I'll write a new post now though concerning that so if anyone has thoughts on that please see:

//www.diynot.com/forums/general-diy/keeping-ladders-outside-is-it-a-bad-idea.346491/#2594153

Cheers

Sponsored Links
PMSL at that last U tube link. :LOL: :LOL:
Undeterred by the first release he kept going. lol
Well what else could he do? :LOL: :LOL:

I worked for a company which supplied those 13 in 1 ladders to all their service personell. (Didn't know they were called 13 in 1 ladders btw)
Basically because they folded up compact and fitted into a small van with no roof rack.

I found them to be OK. But only if you're stuck.
The safety aspect always concerned me and you had to be positive the retainers clicked into their respective positions.

Also folding it up you could get a nasty nip on the fingers if not careful.

This is the type of ladder we used a lot...
littleladder.jpg

Its a three piece extension ladder which can be used as depicted in the image.
Very useful for giving access up through high suspended ceilings which was our main use.

Use it as a normal ladder and you have good height for a compact unit.

Hi all

Just wondered what your thoughts on this ladder are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RjsQeEvwoWI

I really only need a two or three section 6m ish ladder for cleaning windows and gutters, etc. But I saw this and though that all it's additional features may be useful in the future.....

But is it any good? And is it safe?!?!?!

Many thanks

Max

I have the smaller version and it can be usefully as a workbench in platform mode, but even smaller version is too high to use to access ceiling unless you have 9ft ceilings.Cannot use on stairs as the base stabiliser arm is wider than my stairs.Clumsy to open and close as it self locks just when you don't want it to.Had the larger version of that mentioned in H-drainage post, very heavy but must be popular it was was stolen.

Perfect for marketing to numptys

Try balancing or even working on it in platform mode - it takes years off your life.

I like how it is described as storing easily and being compact

It may be useful as a single length and folding step ladder. The other 11 uses are nonsense

???

I have one of those types of ladder and often use it in platform mode. Although not as long as testles'n'boards it is faster to move around. That said I prefer the ones with splayed legs. It is invaluable when working in stairwells etc and fits in the boot of a car. I have used most of the modes as the need arises.

It is not ideally suited to cleaning upper windows though because you can't adjust the length properly.

I have the 11 in 1 ladder, only ever use it in straight and A frame mode. I would not trust it as a platform at all! The only reason I got it is that the extended length is 4.8M and is pretty compact. Really tempted in one of those little giant ladders though.

+1 for the little giant ladder,had mine for about 6 years, used every week, great bit of kit.

Paul

+1 for the little giant ladder,had mine for about 6 years, used every week, great bit of kit.

Paul

Is your the pro version with the wheels? i have heard people complain about sliding but I have never seen one in the "flesh".

no mine is a standard set but it did come with wheels, never had a slide on me, but i dont get off it very often. but when its in ladder mode i alway have someone foot it, or its tied down

I have one of the type the OP mentioned and i use it all the time. Its great. Very handy for stairs etc and unusual positions and i use the platform all the time.

For surveying, I've had one of these for years but as mentioned have only ever used it as a step ladder or in a single length to get into those lofts without ladders etc. Just goes in the boot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back