16 ohm alarm speaker on 9600

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i thought id start a new topic, i have a 9600 alarm system and the manual is not very clear on panel outputs ratings i have bought a kinetic 114db 16ohm speaker from alert electrical how much current do these draw from the panel roughly, the manual says it can support 2. but im just taking into account the panel power supply says its 1250ma but its not clear on the manual if its the entire system or the aux detector circuit? what is the bell and strobe current rating on this panel?

ps i am just a cautios person and the last thing i want is the panel overloading when it triggers, do 16 ohm speakers draw a lot of current on the panel? cheers also answers like dont worry about it doesnt answer my question cheers :)

Sponsored Links
If that's your attitude get an alarm company to come and fit an alarm panel to current standards not a panel that's not been made for 15 years, or ask elsewhere....

im sorry if i offended you i just wanted know if speakers use a lot of current on the panel and if the 1250ma meant the entire system or just the aux circuit thats all :?:

i dont know much about the 9600 i was just told it was a good panel

lets say the panel was overloaded by 100 ma would it still work in alarm mode due to 7 amp battery taking any extra current so effectivly it would be my total load vs the 12 7amp backup battery?

Sponsored Links
Fit two 16 ohm speakers in series. This will halve the current used. V=IR so I=V/R. Assuming a 12V drive, one speaker could draw 750mA and two could draw 375mA. In reality it is usually less.

Remember that a 7AHr battery is only a nominal 7AHr. The alarm has been designed to work with a battery at the end of its life, when the capacity is down to 4.55AHr or lower.

As I told you before, run your bell as an SCB and it won't load the panel - the bell runs off its own battery.

As we've all told you before, if in doubt, MEASURE IT!

okay i have measured the alarm current and it reads 767ma 812ma if i include the main pcb 45ma so my total current is 812ma but the alarm works. the only sounders on my alarm are the internal speaker and the odyssey on full sab. can the 9600 take a lot more than this seeing as it 1250ma or 800ma and if the panel output was down to 800 ma would it still work due to the battery taking the extra current thats all i want to know :?:

i am asking this question because i plan to make a few expansions on the system in the future and i dont want to fear of overloading the panel

is the panel output 1250ma or 800ma? the manual is not clear on this

i do not plan to replace the system and scb is too quiet and i dont have the money for an alarm company thats why i am asking you guys surely you must have worked with these panels to give me some idea how much they can handle

seriously guys i am not as naive as i may sound i am just trying to understand my alarm system power supply it has 2 ratings 1250 ma or 800 ma my total load adding detectors, keypads, speaker and sounder is 812 ma in alarm mode i dont know if the main panel pcb counts if not my load 767 ma.

i am not sure if my panel supply is 1250ma or 800ma which is it? if my panel was slightly overloaded by a few ma would it still sound/work due to the backup battery taking the extra current from my load? also what does ambient temperature mean :?: cheers

Ambient temp is the temp of the room or area the control panel in installed.

That panel is very old, and I would not consider using it. Flog it on eBay and get yourself something decent.

Stop going on about your battery. This has nothing to do with your panels max mA rating.

I have no idea on the panels rating, and am not going to trawl manuals. As you have manuals, perhaps you could cut/paste the text you don't understand.

For reference, it you did have a larger than usual current demand for devices, you would install a second power supply which is common on 0v, with the 12v split. These are external cased power supplies with a battery/charger, and have outputs to monitor battery, charger and mains supply. These outputs are used to connect to either aux input on a panel, or to unused zones.

so as long as the temperature is not 40c which it isnt the panel can quite happily take over 800ma

That panel is very old, and I would not consider using it. Flog it on eBay and get yourself something decent.

Stop going on about your battery. This has nothing to do with your panels max mA rating.
QFA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back