17th mock question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was given a question, my answer was different to all in the class and even the lecturer.
so what is the answer.

Bearing in mind this is a 17th course.

The minimum insulation resistance between conductors for an extra - low voltage circuit is:

a) 0.25 Meg ohms b)0.5 Meg ohms c)1.0 Megohms d)2.0 Megohms

Sponsored Links
C - 1 Meg ohms

612.4 said:
The resistance values obtained in the tests of Regulations 612.4.1 to 612.4.3 shall be atleast that of the circuit with the highest voltage present in accordance wit Table 61
612.4.1 said:
The separation of the live parts from those of other circuits and from Earth, according to Section 414, shall be confirmed by a measurement of the insualtion resistance. The resistance values obtained shall be n accordance with Table 61.

looking at Table 61 in the big red one.... Extra Low voltage circuits are >0.5Mohm and Low voltage is >1Mohm changed from >0.25 and >0.5 in the 16th........ or am I wrong ?

Sponsored Links
Well this rather depends on what sort of extra-low-voltage circuit we are talking about.

Using Table 61
SELV or PELV should be tested at 250 volt and should have a result >= 0.5 M ohm, but FELV is included in the second row - test at 500 volts and a result >= 1.0 M ohm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back