2.5 months old UPVC all-weather window frame cracks

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The window frame in my 2.5 months old house cracked on the weld but the glass itself is in good condition. It's by all-weather window. It's a fairly large window so I am just so worry and upset about it.

I have requested the company to come look at it but they might blame something else.

My house doesn't have visible wall/foundation cracks or show any house shifting so I doubt it is caused by that. We have cold weather here in Canada (-20C) but a window should stand for that.

I wonder if anyone can give some advice how to deal with all-weather window if they refuse to fix it? and what kind of repair needs to be done?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG-20161211-WA0003[1].jpg
    IMG-20161211-WA0003[1].jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG-20161211-WA0004[1].jpg
    IMG-20161211-WA0004[1].jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 1628422_5.jpg
    1628422_5.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Check the frame for squareness, from inside looking at the windows judging the cracks it would appear the window is leaning over to the right thus putting strain on the opposing corners, on cold days pvc becomes very brittle even in the UK and that can happen during fitting, if it's under strain by being out of square that would do it also. You say it's a 2.5 month old house, do you not get any sort of guarantee from the house builder?

Tony Thomas, good evening.

With all due respect, do you realise you are posting on a site that is based and answered in the United Kingdom, not North America?

Standards and processes are shall I call it different in each Country?

Just a thought?

Ken.

Sponsored Links
Yes, definately a stress crack from the cold. There must be some sort of warranty surely?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back