2 gang architrave dimmer switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know anyone who makes/sells 2-gang architrave dimmer switches (one above the other)? I can find single dimmers and dual switches, but not dual dimmers!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know anyone who makes/sells 2-gang architrave dimmer switches (one above the other)? I can find single dimmers and dual switches, but not dual dimmers!
I've seen this question asked before, and I fear the answer probably is that no-one seems to make them. I think the nearest one can get is to mount two 1-gang ones above one another (although that's then a bit 'taller' than a 2-gang architrave switch). I have to say that I'm rather surprised they manage to get a dimmer module into an architrave back box at all!

Kind Regards, John

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Are there dimmer modules that fit architrave grids?
I have only come across ones that fit the standard grid plates.

I know click (scolmore) dimmers require 2 modules, so will not fit architrave plates.

as I said before get a double architrave blank, drill suitable holes in it (the relevant centres are often marked on the back) and fit these
... and as I said before, I'm very far from convinced that most dimmer modules would actually fit in an architrave back box (and also leave space for cables), so I think one would be advised to check dimensions very carefully before spending money on any modules.

Kind Regards, John

Thank you everyone. Food for thought.

Back box size is not an issue.

Thank you again.

Back box size is not an issue.
It's likely to be incredibly marginal, at best, unless you can find some unusually small dimmer modules ...

The modules linked to by Sureitsoff? were (mm) 56H x 25W x 24D. I've just measured a few back boxes I have, and the 'biggest' one I can find has internal dimensions of about 24mm wide and 25mm deep - theoretically not quite wide enough, and only just deep enough. The MK 2-gang ones are described as 136 x 27 x 27 - but they are probably external dimensions, corresponding to the one I measured.

Even if you could find modules which would fit ion a back box, there might well not be enough room left for cables - and I'm not sure what would happen as regards temperature (hence life) of the modules.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back