2 or 3 door panel for 4.1m sliding door system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got two openings of 4.1m wide each and 2.5m high.

I have decided to opt for a sliding door system as I want unobstructed views into the garden. Do you pros here recommend I go for a two slider and one fixed panel option (to allow for a larger opening and no dead bar / centre bar in the middle of the 4.1m opening) or a single slider and one fixed?

Also Schuco v Smart v LUK v Reynaers - what's the difference and what should I take into consideration when selecting from suppliers of those profiles?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I know this is an old post now but I can advise as our opening at the back is a similar size.

2500mm is higher than normal - they will probably want to use a spacer to get the height down.

Basically at this size you are probably governed by what the manufacturers can/will do in UPVC.

We went for a 3 panel and still have a lovely view of the back garden.

Also we went for a middle slider which is handy and looks good.

Can I ask how much you paid for yours and what make/profile/system you went for?

Sponsored Links
I used a small firm and bought some windows at the same time I think the patio door was about £1100 fitted.

The profile is Selecta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back