2001 Fiesta 1.3 Starting Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Please help I have a 2001 Fiesta 1.3 (basic model) I don't know if the problem I have is 1 fault or many. Problem with starter motor clicking when trying 2 start car. Sometimes it WILL WORK 1st time (start). Sometimes it will turn over but WILL NOT start at all.
The only common thing is that the speedo goes 2 the maximum point on the clock and so does the fuel gauge and the mileage clock that u can reset goes back 2 zero. (this is when trying 2 start car).
After car has started everything goes back 2 normal, & car runs ok ?????
Has anyone had this problem before & had it rectified if so PLEASE HELP!!!
THANKS
Nicola

Sponsored Links
Is there a red light in the clock (immobiliser)? What does this do?

If the starter motor is clicking when you try and start the car then that suggests to me that the solenoid might be sticking. This can sometimes be fixed by giving it a hit with something solid.

The only common thing is that the speedo goes 2 the maximum point on the clock and so does the fuel gauge and the mileage clock that u can reset goes back 2 zero. (this is when trying 2 start car).

On the Mk1 Focus, when the dials did this it is an indication that the battery is showing early signs of the end of its life. This feature may have been encorporated into the Fiesta as well.

When was the last time the battery was changed?

Sponsored Links

On the Mk1 Focus, when the dials did this it is an indication that the battery is showing early signs of the end of its life. This feature may have been encorporated into the Fiesta as well.

When was the last time the battery was changed?

HI LUKE ,
Tried the batt it is coming up as 13volts which i believe is good

first thing to do is to check the connections to the battery terminals are nice and tight and all the cables are secure

Back