2005 Vauxhall corsa 1.0 idle difficulties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope some can help me I recentley bought a 1.0litre 2005 corsa 56000 miles on the clock, the seller assured me all was well so after test driving I parted with my money and off I went.

Two days in though the car really struggles to start when it gets cold below 5c it takes several turns and once it has started its on the verge of stalling, unless left for a very long time to warm it up its near to undriveable third is not possible as it will stall so I feel like I am revving the poor thing to death driving around in second till it warms up then the problem disappears ?

P.s I know these little three pots aren't the smoothest but this definitely not right. Thanks in advance. :D

Sponsored Links
Typically, this would indicate a problem with the Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS) and this device sends a signal to the engine ecu to instruct it to increase the fuelling......a bit like the choke in the old days.
Sorry I can't help with its location, but it's on the top of the engine somewhere!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks everybody for your replies it turned out to be the timing chain that had come off fortuneatly it hasn't,t done any lasting damage and I have got it sorted fingers crossed.

Back