2012 Ford Focus Titanium DRl Wiring Up ?

Hi thanks, not being a auto electrician, i can only follow guidance
given willing to try couple more things, but if i/we dont succeed
will probably call it a day, and remove drls, some seem to fit and
wire up with no problems, i must be the unlucky one, my friend and
i have spent quite a bit time on this, but not prepared to use a
professional works out expensive with hourly rates..

Sponsored Links
Depending on what you want to do Huey, you may get some help from Autosounds, Scotswood Rd Newcastle.
Opposite Newcastle College.
John :)

Save on the hassle and just wire them up to a seperate switch or an ignition fed source, cant see you ever being stopped for them as so many cars use them now.
If you want them to go off when you turn on the sidelights then wire through the changeover relay contacts you have.

Sponsored Links
Yes that's a good idea, it might be better just to get them working, first? Don't go taking them off and fitting something else.

Connect them directly to a supply that comes on with the key, as John mentioned the rear wiper supply (before the wiper switch). They should work fine without a relay as the LED's usually don't need much current. Just make sure they go out when you pull the rear wiper fuse, so you know the new circuit is protected.

Then you can put a relay on the working circuit, if you know what I mean, rather than working on something that's a pile of wires. Just turn the relay on to dim the LED's when you turn the sidelights ON? Will be the next step.

Bet they look well in the bumper?

Back