22 years - enough?

Sponsored Links
Out of interest, why do you believe in the death penalty when is proven not to be a deterrent? Is it merely a cost saving exercise or a eye for an eye / tooth for a tooth thing? Just curious.

Why would you WANT to keep this piece of scum alive? Just curious.

Because the state can't be trusted with the power to kill it's citizens.

Tell that to David Kelly.

Not sure if you meant to proove my point?

planenut";p="3260018 said:
We are after all, mere animals.... if a dog viciously bites and attacks continuously then it is put down, if the animal is a threat to it's community it should be destroyed, for the good of the community, not necessarily for retribution.
With absolute proof of intent then I think Capital Punishment is appropriate, with a dog the community wouldn't necessarily have to prove intent.
There has to be a deterrent, not a need to keep people employed in the investigation and preservation of persistent dangers to the community.[/quote.
Death penalty is no detterent .look at the U.S...and if we are just another animal.why bother with laws prison and morals at all.just revert to cave man behaviour.randomly kill each other.

Sorry, I will never agree to capital punishment, simply state sponsered murder to which those agreeing become an accessory. What if, just if, nightmare of nightmare you kill someone who is innocent? fortunately in the civilised world, which obviously excludes the USA, this barbarism is banned.

Anyway the much derided, for justifiable reasons under the ECHR captiial punishment is banned, and a good thing too.

Also, I am no bleeding heart liberal, I have no time for the awful, heinous crimes that some people commit, and if anyone messed with my family, I'd happily kill them...... but then we just descend into the objective rather than subjective.

Sponsored Links
I don't know why people don't just learn from history.

We used to require a high burden of proof, still got it wrong.

Yes, mistakes have been made in the past, perhaps one of the best known being the Christie murders portrayed in the film '10 Rillington Place'.
The thing is that, today, we have far more scientific resources at hand than they had then, along with the experience gained in previous miscarriages of justice like the above. I also believe that it is possible to prove murder beyond any doubt. Take, for example, the murder of Lee Rigby. It was witnessed by several people, it was recorded on camera, and the perpetrators admitted guilt - in fact, they were rather proud of having done it.
Yes, I still maintain there is a place for capital punishment, and I also believe that it would act as a deterrent, despite the claims that it doesn't in America. They're all nutters anyway! :LOL:

Sorry, I will never agree to capital punishment, ...
...if anyone messed with my family, I'd happily kill them...... but then we just descend into the objective rather than subjective.

Although you would never agree with capital punishment, you'd happily kill someone yourself! :LOL:
Yes, to be honest, if someone killed my wife I'd prefer to kill them myself. I'd do it by slow strangulation; professional hanging is too good for them!

Yes, its the differnce between objecticity and subjectivity. I am not by nature violent in any way,but as the police are well aware of people have their limits.... true of pretty much anyone. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

As soneone clever once said "I may disagree with what you say..... but i will defend to the death your right to say it"

Yes, its the differnce between objecticity and subjectivity. I am not by nature violent in any way,but as the police are well aware of people have their limits.... true of pretty much anyone. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

As soneone clever once said "I may disagree with what you say..... but i will defend to the death your right to say it"

Oh, thank you very much! Let's hope you don't have to go that far! :D

Oh, thank you very much! Let's hope you don't have to go that far! :D

you're more than welcome, and no there is no chance of that..... unless :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back