28 degree pitch/Redland 52s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone tell me if Redland 52 tiles are suitable for a roof with a 28 degree pitch? We're having an extension build and I'd like the tiles to match the house.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I guess I'd better check the headlap of the tiles on the existing roof.

Why?

The headlap varies for pitch, anything from 75mm-100mm. These tiles can be used from 17.5 degrees(sorry forgot how to do the degree sign) up to 90degrees as long as the correct fixing specs are followed.

Sponsored Links
That's exactly the information I was looking for. I guess the roofers will work out the headlap. The current roof pitch is 37.5 but for one reason or another, part of the extension will be 28 degrees. Will a variance in the headlap be noticeable or would the roofer just copy what is already there?

The headlap on both those pitches can/should be 75mm so will not pose a problem. Any slight variation will not be noticeable.

So if I measure my existing headlap I'll be able to see whether it is appropriate for 28 degrees....or rather I'll be able to ask you taz :LOL:

So if I measure my existing headlap I'll be able to see whether it is appropriate for 28 degrees....or rather I'll be able to ask you taz :LOL:

Minimum Pitch & Headlap

17.5°at 100 mm headlap
22.5°+at 75 mm headlap

Well I have been using a computer for more than a year and I still don't know were the degree sign is hiding :eek:

When you 'post a reply' on DIYnot, click on the 'Special Characters' link underneath all the smilies. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back