3 uneven floors!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, just wondering if anyone can advise me on the best solution to my flooring problem. We have just had an extension done on the back of our house and knocked through 3 rooms to open it all up. The floor in the original kitchen is 10-15mm higher than the rest of the area and none of them are particularly level. My thinking was to dig up some of the higher floor and then self level the lot but this would be pretty expensive for materials as it's 32m2 in total. Is this my only option, we are putting laminate down so it has to be pretty flat. Below is a photo, the raised area is to the right of the picture, Thanks.
floor.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. Do fibreboards make much differance in terms of levelling a floor or is it quite minimal?

danennis60 said:
Thanks for your reply. Do fibreboards make much differance in terms of levelling a floor or is it quite minimal?

not sure what you mean. :confused:

are you asking if they make any significant height difference?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, what l meant was do the fibreboards smooth the floor out well? Not too worried about the height issue but l didn't know how forgiving they are on a floor thats not that level ie (on the other areas of floor).

underlay can make a significant difference to any floor covering, but it's remedial effects are limited to less severe dips or rises in floor levels.

any sudden humps or hollows will need removing/filling to suit.

but it is ideal as a uniform packer should you need to raise a certain area of the floor, as you previously mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back