3 way valves for hot water to showers/sinks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning All,
Just planning my plumbing for house renovation, i will be looking to have the following hot water outlets:

Bathroom1: Sink + Shower + Bath (Either shower or bath but never together).
Bathroom 2: Sink + Shower
Kitchen: Sink.

I'm currently thinking at getting a Combi boiler + DHWT, with piping such that the showers + bath run from the DHWT, and the sinks are fed from combi.

What i would like however is the ability to switch each outlet's source - from DHWT to combi or the other way round, as well as isolate off each outlet for maintenance.

So ideally im looking for a 3 way isolator valve, but anything i look for online is from ebay/aliexpress or electric/motorised.

Does such a valve exist from real plumbers merchants/suppliers or is a fleebay special and instead i should look to have an arrangement of two/three single isolators in a t config?

boiler/tank still to be specified by heating engineer, but looking to do the water side in preparation for change over (Suggestions are welcome - ground floor will be wet UFH, 1st floor will be 3 rads running of manifold. each room/zone will be individually controlled. HW requirements as above).

Sponsored Links
Absolute overkill for a domestic property, if you want to go for combi and unvented cylinder I would have one bathroom on the combi (basin and shower) and the basin/shower/bath/kitchen sink on the unvented cylinder, the combi can be isolated by simply turning the water supply off under the boiler and you could put the cylinder on a manifold if you wanted to control/isolate each outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back