35mm Door plugs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on the following problem please?
We have had to replace our worn out integrated washing machine and found that the kitchen cabinet door mounting brackets on the new one are in a different position, therefore the 35mm hinge holes on the cabinet door won`t fit as they don't line up with the brackets. They overlap.
I cant buy a new cabinet door as the range is obsolete so I need to find a way of filling the existing 35mm dia holes in the door to allow me to drill new holes in the correct positions taking account of them overlapping.
If anyone has any tips I would be grateful.
Thanks
Mick

Sponsored Links
if you can get a hole cutter that size, you could drill some out of a suitable piece of board. I've done that with Yale cylinders.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.
I can`t turn the door upside down as the door came with pre-cut holes on both edges in the same positions. I`m going to try and cut 35mm plugs using a hole cutter and bond them in using...... wood filler. Is two part filler best... or what else might be?

Wood Glue, not filler.

I use Evo. The green bottle indoors, the blue resists damp. If you only use it occasionally, the blue can be used indoors and out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back