4 or 5 zone heating panel available?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if these exist? I need ideally 5 but a plumber said he knows a 4 zone exists.

Sponsored Links
Using progstats, you can have any number of zones.

Can you elighten me? What is prostats? It's for rads with UFH in a kitchen.

dont reallyunderstand what you are askng ,but if its putting zoned off areas into your heating you could zone as many areas as you want same with underfloor,just more work and cost

Sponsored Links
dont reallyunderstand what you are askng

I need to have 4 zones in a large property. So I need 5 incl HW but was under the impression 5 is not available on a programmer, only this amount is doable with manifolds. All rads have TRV's so was considering combining the HW with one of the zones, Only prob is when only want HW, rads will come on but wondered if I could fit a motorised valve on the rads of that zone and control by a separate switch to turn rads off on when required??

you would control all heatng areas with there own programmable room stats and a clock that can controll hot water, the stats open the zones as required

Sounds like more for commercial - say if had a building with different rooms for different businesses? I need to be able to control from one panel, this won't do then will it?

Thx

Horstmann make a 4-channel programmer, a sparky made a good point to me recently though that the inherent problem with these is that if they go squit there's no heating at all, if you have a pair of two channel progs at least half the heating will carry on going.

If it needs four heating zones you'll almost certainly need secondary hot circulation, in which case you'll want six channels anyway when you've included the HW zone, so that's two three-channel programmers fully used.

use more than one clock,but if its a existing istallation it is the design of the existing system that will define the amount of control you can have

No, won't be for existing installation. But 2 clocks is a bit messy innit?? Surely would cos the same as 1x 4 zone (The Hortsman one looks to be about £135)

I have the Horstmann 4 channel programmer you speak of (H47XL I believe is the model number) and would recommend it. Easy to use and program, the only downside is a lack of response to the buttons - press them briefly and the programmer wont even notice that you did it.

Equally, I believe Heatmiser also make a 4-channel programmer, albeit a bit more fancy with a touchscreen. They also make a range of thermostats that network to a touchscreen using their own proprietary protocol, although it all depends on how much cash you want to spend on this!

clocks £20 a piece ,nothing on the price of a good heating system, its the design and control that will prove to be the cost in the long run.

Heatmiser also make a 4-channel programmer,
Saw this one - can't seem to find much info on it tho... looks like wireless? Much cheaper than the XL H47, but not heard of Heatmiser???

wirless 4 channel ?never seen one, get the system wired, look at all the questions on here they are nearly all asking about wirless faults

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back