420 x 1800 Designer Vertical Radiators, positioning....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've just seen some cool vertical radiators which I think might solve (one of the many lol) some layout problems in the living room.

Currently the radiators are positioned rather randomly, making positioning of furniture somewhat awkward. We have a patio door smack bang in the middle of the living room wall and fitting two of these radiators one either side of the patio door would free up the other walls for furniture.

I've read various arguments for and against having radiators next to windows, most seem to edge towards having them there to counteract cold spots caused by draughts. Currently the patio door is rather draughty and probably isn't going to be replaced for a year or so (quotes are expensive and it's quite low down on my to-do list).

Opinions?

Sponsored Links
Make sure that the outputs of these designer radiators meet your requirements as often they have low outputs for their size. If the radiators outputs are enough for you room you can put them anywhere and they will heat your room nicley

Make sure that the outputs of these designer radiators meet your requirements as often they have low outputs for their size. If the radiators outputs are enough for you room you can put them anywhere and they will heat your room nicley

Thanks for that newgasinstaller. Is there any way to tell the output of the current radiators in the room? They're two ancient, roughly 1.5m wide single radiators, caked in old paint. Is there a rough standard for a radiator of this size or are they all different?

Sponsored Links
its best to calculate what output your room requires theres online calculators for this then just try and meet this figure when selection your new radiators

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back