4m x 3m poly tunnel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody,
Anybody know how to make a 4m x 3m poly tunnel? I would buy one, but like making stuff and they are expensive.

Sponsored Links
built mine from a simple 6 x 2 and 4 x 2 frame, covered with uv resistant polythene, tacked to the framing and covered with a timber fillet to hold it in place, Still standing after 3 years on top of a very windy hill

I was thinking about some sort of plastic piping like for water or waste?
Woods ok, but I'm looking for a curve.

Sponsored Links
I bought a load of electrical conduit from screw fix. far more than I actually needed (stupid minimum order quantities). It's pretty flexible, comes with lots of different shaped connectors.

You *could* use this to make a frame, but it would probably be quite flimsy at the size you're talking.

Failing that, there is no reason you couldn't use waste pipe of some kind, maybe 40mm, solvent weld together. If you want it more rigid, there is always the option of filling it all with crete, expanding foam or some other type of filler.

Sam.

i think if you use anything like that it wont last too long. Polytunnels take a battering in the wind and the frame is under a fair bit of strain from the polythene as well. Unless you use metal or something similar i think its lifespan will be limited (says he who had one thin metal tubed one disintergrate in the wind)

might try 40mm waste have loads left from a kids goal making project (screwfix again).
If i push some 12mm steels in the ground then bend the pipes between these it could work.
Yes, must be careful of the winds tho.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back