51 ford focus HELP ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..I have not driven my ford focus cl for a few weeks as to of been in hospital. Car as been no bother used daily . I just thought battery had run down with alarm flashing lights. Took it off recharged it replaced it .On using my key heard no central locking working on any doors .Put key in ign odd dim light nothing light up as normal. So before i go round trying to find things that maybe nothing to do with it .I wondered if their is any sort of reset switches or anything that i need to do. As i said it as not been a problem before i left it standing ...thanks if anybody can help me with my prob.

Sponsored Links
Looks like the car battery has called it a day mate.....if the car hasn't been used for a while, and the battery has gone flat, its past its best. A motor factor will test it for you, and will be delighted to sell you a new one if need be.
John :)

Cheers.. Burnerman. i didnt think that the battery would of give up just over a few weeks of been stood. I have had no problems with starting in any weathers.I did hear once or read that their have a relay or switch. I dont mind buying a new battery but if its the same its not sorted it ....thanks

I would say it was the battery too, the plates have probably sulphated up, with the battery not being used for a while, how old is the battery?

Wotan

Sponsored Links
What i will do today is try a set of jump leads from another car.if my panel lights up and it starts .will get a new battery .Like you say its probaly suphated up. thanks for replys

Back