52 plate Rover 25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Number of niggly bits wrong with the above motor, bought as a quick run around as my van died on me at the start of the year. And I'm just wondering if its financially worth while to get sorted or not condsidering age of the motor, its done 72k miles.

All the door seals seem to have deteriorated rather badly and need replacing.

Electric sunroof leaks.

Rear windscreen washers don't work, although front washers do.

Rear windscreen wiper comes on when engine is started and a rear door is opened. My girlfriend finds this hilarious :rolleyes:

Rear windscreen demister doesn't work.

And cig lighter doesn't work i.e can't charge a phone/sat-nav through it.

What do you guys think? Get a few quotes or sling it in an auction and hope for the best?

Sponsored Links
1. Sunroof gutters in the roof probably blocked
2. Rear washer pump/motor faulty or fuse blown. Different pump and fuse than front washer
3. You mean the tailgate must be open for the wiper to work? Bad connection in the loom going from the body to the tail gate. Do a "wiggle" test on the wire to see if it stops when you "wiggle" it. Your girlfriend will really find that one hilarious :cool:
4. Rear windscreen might be a fuse blown or the red box control unit under the dash (remember it only works when the engine is running).
5. Check fuse or buy a good phone :rolleyes:
6. As for Sat Nav in a Rover 25, in a word, optimistic

If your handy and obviously you have plenty of help, (herself) then you should be OK going for a self fix. Breakers will practically give you the stuff to clear the yard.
Just don't spend to much on repairs as you wont get it back when getting rid.

Sponsored Links
Back