55 fiesta. A diy service lesson please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Ive a ford fiesta 55, and i just want to know how to look after it a bit myself.
Id like to have a list of things i could do that will be cheepish economical and in genrall HEATHLY for the running of the car

I wanted to bring the car into the garrage mostly learn a bit more about it.

Maybe a list like this
Change oil (what one best)
Change air filter (what do i need)
Fill up antifreeze (does it matter what)

Anything else i can do to help it and also how?

Just a learning curve really.

Cheers for any and all repsonses

Sponsored Links
Oil and filter change is the most important especially if its diesel, should be a simple enough job. Don't buy expensive oil, look up the specification and get it from a discount store, shouldn't cost more than a tenner. Air and oil filters are pretty cheap on ebay. Antifreeze, depends what colour it is, find out what colour yours is and look it up on Google that will tell you which ones are compatible

Peter.

As above - a good motor factor will sort out what you need so long as he gets the registration number. Is the car petrol or diesel?
John :)

Sponsored Links
A decent motor factors will supply you with the bits you need, no need to pay any more than roughly £20 for 5 litres of oil, but make sure its the right grade as some of the engines require a specific 5w 30 product. They should be able to tell you this as their computer systems are more up to date these days.

Back