65mm cast iron slip coupling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

I'm trying to cut 2 branches into a 65mm (2.5") LCC cast iron down pipe but I am working to 2 fixed points. Does anyone know where I might get a cast iron slip coupling to help me out. I know I could use a flex seal but it is all in show and the company we are doing the work for wants to see cast iron only.

Thanks in advance for any responses or suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Are these Timesaver branches or LCC branches you're proposing to use?..if Timesaver then you won't require a slip coupling.

Morning All,

I'm trying to cut 2 branches into a 65mm (2.5") LCC cast iron down pipe but I am working to 2 fixed points. Does anyone know where I might get a cast iron slip coupling to help me out. I know I could use a flex seal but it is all in show and the company we are doing the work for wants to see cast iron only.

Thanks in advance for any responses or suggestions.

Are you 'roping & running' these joints?

Are you 'roping & running' these joints?
Hey Puller , rainwater down pipe was never lead caulked ;).
Do you remember using those squirrel tails puller??...those ladles were heavy as fook when climbing the ladder and handing to the ole man..(12 years old). :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
Black bitumen painted over the collar covered a multiple of sins when air testing the stack for building inspector..:)

Sponsored Links
Is LLC light weight cast iron then?? It not a term that was used here. 2 1/2" could be light or heavy. Heavy was roped & run, we used Ropers & Stavers. We used a hammer & staver on the moulten lead run joint. Just another craft lost to the Plastic Plumbers. Which suits the course cowboys & career change chancers.

Cutting in a branch in a cast iron downpipe you'd half-slip two joints.

Hey Puller , rainwater down pipe was never lead caulked ;).
Do you remember using those squirrel tails puller??...those ladles were heavy as fook when climbing the ladder and handing to the ole man..(12 years old). :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
Black bitumen painted over the collar covered a multiple of sins when air testing the stack for building inspector..:)

Oi Steely, you must be as old as Tony Agile?? You pulling your Old Age Pension yet you auld fart?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back