70 years

Hitler was not voted in by the lefty intelligentsia, but by the right-wing, foreigner-hating, racist xenophobes, and people who didn't mind them. His policies were quite clear from the start. "Mein Kampf" is a litany of hatred against "inferior" peoples.

And in Zimbabe, the moderates thought Tutu was the man.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The Jewish people never lost hope....

As long as deep within the heart
The Jewish soul is warm
And toward the edges of the east
An eye to Zion looks
Our hope is not yet lost,
The hope of two thousand years
To be a free people in our own land
In the land of Zion and Jerusalem.

The best thing to come out of ww2 was the Israeli's being given back their rightfull native homeland. And they have flourished ever since.
Even with hostile neighbours who can think of nothing but waging war on them.
If you look at the discussions during the proposed creation of Israel, you'll see that places in USA and S America were also considered, but were rejected partly on the gounds that USA and S American countries refused, but were acceptable to Jews, at the time.
As the British/US/French had no control over USA or S American countries the solution had to be within the control of British/US/French governments, and the inhabitants at the time were subject to the colonial powers.

But sadly, as usual, the thread has deteriorated into a discussion along religious/political lines with loads of inaccuracies thown in.
It was originall intended, and I suspect why some posts have been deleted, as a memorial to those that suffered and died during the holocaust.

Just as an aside, I was at Le mans the last few years, and it is crowded, I mean crowded. The attendance figure was something like 250,000 spectators.
If anyone has ever been to Wembly, which has a 90,000 capacity, then Le Mans attendance is nearly 3 times that.
There were 6.5million jews that died in the holocaust.
You do the imaginative comparisons........ if the imagination can cope.

I see he's such a knob he can't even fabricate a reply.

I wonder if Holocaust deniers are worse than, the same as, or better than, Nakba deniers?
Holocaust deniers are just publicity seekers. The only answer to that is don't give them the publicity.

The best thing to come out of ww2 was the Israeli's being given back their rightfull native homeland. And they have flourished ever since.
Even with hostile neighbours who can think of nothing but waging war on them.
If you look at the discussions during the proposed creation of Israel, you'll see that places in USA and S America were also considered, but were rejected partly on the gounds that USA and S American countries refused, but were acceptable to Jews, at the time.
As the British/US/French had no control over USA or S American countries the solution had to be within the control of British/US/French governments, and the inhabitants at the time were subject to the colonial powers.

But sadly, as usual, the thread has deteriorated into a discussion along religious/political lines with loads of inaccuracies thown in.
It was originall intended, and I suspect why some posts have been deleted, as a memorial to those that suffered and died during the holocaust.

Just as an aside, I was at Le mans the last few years, and it is crowded, I mean crowded. The attendance figure was something like 250,000 spectators.
If anyone has ever been to Wembly, which has a 90,000 capacity, then Le Mans attendance is nearly 3 times that.
There were 6.5million jews that died in the holocaust.
You do the imaginative comparisons........ if the imagination can cope.
25 million Russians died

The Jewish people never lost hope....

The Jewish soul is warm
And toward the edges of the east
An eye to Zion looks
Our hope is not yet lost,
The hope of two thousand years
The Jews have lived in Europe longer than they lived in ancient Israel, that would make them European and not middle Eastern.

Hitler was not voted in by the lefty intelligentsia, but by the right-wing, foreigner-hating, racist xenophobes, and people who didn't mind them. His policies were quite clear from the start. "Mein Kampf" is a litany of hatred against "inferior" peoples.

And in Zimbabe, the moderates thought Tutu was the man.
Wasn't Hitler democratically elected.

Are you telling me it was someone in a burkha?

What do you think caused British David Irving to deny the holocaust?
It could be because he studied the subject as a historian and came to the conclusion that it was just a propaganda vehicle which should have been consigned to the scrapyard at the end of the war.

The Jewish soul is warm...
A video of ultra-Orthodox Jews spitting on the ground beside a procession of foreign Christian worshippers carrying a wooden cross in the holy city of Jerusalem has ignited intense outrage and a flurry of condemnation in the Holy Land. Since Israel’s most conservative government in history came to power late last year, concerns have mounted among religious leaders – including the influential Vatican-appointed Latin Patriarch – over the increasing harassment of the region’s 2,000-year-old Christian community.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...r-israeli-government-says-holy-land-patriarch
“What happened with rightwing religious nationalism is that Jewish identity has been growing around anti-Christianity,” said Yisca Harani, a Christianity expert and founder of an Israeli hotline for anti-Christian assaults. “Even if the government doesn’t encourage it, they hint that there will be no sanctions.” There are roughly 15,000 Christians in Jerusalem today, the majority of them Palestinians who consider themselves living under occupation.

The spitting scene, captured on Monday by a reporter at Israel’s left-leaning Haaretz newspaper, shows a group of foreign pilgrims beginning their procession through the limestone labyrinth of the Old City, home to the holiest ground in Judaism, the third-holiest shrine in Islam and major Christian sites.

Further adding to the outrage, Elisha Yered, an ultranationalist settler leader and former adviser to a lawmaker in Netanyahu’s governing coalition, defended the spitters, arguing that spitting at Christian clergy and at churches was an “ancient Jewish custom”.

Tradition@theGuardian

Sponsored Links
Back