87.5 Degree rest bend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me why rest bends are sold with an angle if 87.5 degrees, im puzzled as surely they need to be 92.5 or it mucks up the fall?

Tvanks
JB

Sponsored Links
It's 87.5 degrees from straight so it is right for the fall. Same way 135 degree bends are sometimes called 45 degree.

87.5 is the same as 92.5, :confused: it depends on how the manufacture wants to describe/measure it, same thing for 45 ° and 135 °.

I've always guessed that it is the angle viewed when using a pipe bender but not sure if that's the real reason.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me why rest bends are sold with an angle if 87.5 degrees, im puzzled as surely they need to be 92.5 or it mucks up the fall?

Tvanks
JB

It's because a rest bend is designed to be installed "upside down", therefore the angle of 87.5° gives you a fall.

Thanks guys makes sense now, why cant they all stick to one format eh?

It's because a rest bend is designed to be installed "upside down", therefore the angle of 87.5° gives you a fall.

So if I turned the rest bend up the "right" way I would change the angle and would not have a fall ?

I am hoping someone will buy a protractor and put the op out of his misery.

If you sat the bend to allow the outgoing drain to sit dead level, then the vertical soil pipe would then be 2.5 degrees off vertical.... A rest bend will have a 'foot' which is designed to support the bend, and in the case of Wavin's Osma range, their rest bend now has a length of pipe attached for the initial drain run, so theoretically can only be laid one way round!

If it makes life easier then the Hepworth Supersleve clay rest bend is a true 90 ° ......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back