A brief summation of No 10's attempts to stay in the EU

Sponsored Links
Do you think Germany would be stronger without the EU, especially considering that a right wing government there will be likely? Would Europe be a better place without the EU and a rightwing governed Germany?

Look at this another way. Many say that the EU has stopped wars on the Continent between the major powers, France and Germany.
More likely, it's the presence of NATO, and allied troops stationed on the Rhine, which has ensured peace.

But going beyond that, it could be said that the EU is at best impotent in the face of war (Yugoslavia...?) and at worst, possibly laying the foundations for another war. The EU leaders are unashamedly empire-building. Is the inclusion of the Baltic states, and central- and south-eastern states conducive to peace? These states were formerly part of the old USSR's sphere of influence. Look at it from Russia's point of view; the EU now stretches up to Russia's borders, resuting in Russia feeling threatened. Is it any wonder people like Putin can whip-up anti-western feeling when they can see the EU seemingly expanding ever eastwards.

Perhaps the EU could be held at least partly responsible for Russia's annexation of Crimea, and her adventures in Ukraine and Syria. Is war with Russia now more, or less, likely than 10 - 15 years ago?

Last edited:
I doubt very much w
Do you think Germany would be stronger without the EU, especially considering that a right wing government there will be likely? Would Europe be a better place without the EU and a rightwing governed Germany?

I doubt that a right wing government will get voted in , in Germany , they will certainly make in-roads into merkels majority. which will be a wake up call to her/them or a warning ??

I recall 2 or 3 general elections ago in the U.k were the BNP came 2nd in some seat in Bradford think they got 10,000 odd votes ?

certainly made the news & set alarm bells ringing amongst the establishment (?) think they poured in quite a bit of money into the area for community projects

would the same resources have been put into the community if no one or very few had voted BNP ??? :idea: ?????????

Putin is sitting back laughing. Whilst he bombs Syria into oblivion his generals are sitting back quaffing wine and vodka contented that eu countries are being overwhelmed by the influx of economic migrants and refugees.
Yes the larger and more integrated the eu becomes the more dangerous it becomes.

When has Russia ever helped a refugee? I don't think anyone would ever go there.

Sponsored Links
Look at this another way. Many say that the EU has stopped wars on the Continent between the major powers, France and Germany.
More likely, it's the presence of NATO, and allied troops stationed on the Rhine, which has ensured peace.

But going beyond that, it could be said that the EU is at best impotent in the face of war (Yugoslavia...?) and at worst, possibly laying the foundations for another war. The EU leaders are unashamedly empire-building. Is the inclusion of the Baltic states, and central- and south-eastern states conducive to peace? These states were formerly part of the old USSR's sphere of influence. Look at it from Russia's point of view; the EU now stretches up to Russia's borders, resuting in Russia feeling threatened. Is it any wonder people like Putin can whip-up anti-western feeling when they can see the EU seemingly expanding ever eastwards.

Perhaps the EU could be held at least partly responsible for Russia's annexation of Crimea, and her adventures in Ukraine and Syria. Is war with Russia now more, or less, likely than 10 - 15 years ago?

With out a doubt the E.U have some responsibility for this Crimea/ Russian caper . they actively/ vocally encouraged the ukranians to throw out the elected pro Russian government, despite warnings that the Russians would not stand for it

None of these countries are Germany are they. Do you know about Germany and history?

German history .......let me think did they start two world wars ........yes we declared war on germany the second time but only after they invaded Poland and acted with bestiality on the polish population. So in summation yes they were responsible for two world wars.

I also seem to recall mass deportations in Germany in the past ........I can certainly see that happening again when they decide to kick out the huge number of immigrants, Merkel has admitted now she may have been wrong ....I have no doubt the extreme far right will get voted in and we see executive action.

German history .......let me think did they start two world wars ........yes we declared war on germany the second time but only after they invaded Poland and acted with bestiality on the polish population. So in summation yes they were responsible for two world wars.

I also seem to recall mass deportations in Germany in the past ........I can certainly see that happening again when they decide to kick out the huge number of immigrants, Merkel has admitted now she may have been wrong ....I have no doubt the extreme far right will get voted in and we see executive action.
Oh dear, that liar Gasbag is reading my posts again.

Such a fibber.

It was the absence of a plan, rather than the vote itself, which led to the immediate loss of confidence in the markets

There seems to be an illusion that the government is in charge of the economy, but it's actually the money markets that have the real strength. Because Cameron and Osborne talked down the UK in an attempt to frighten everyone to vote to stay, it was this alone that caused the pound to crash. If Cameron had gone to the EU with a defiant stance, when the EU told him to sod off, he'd have talked the economy up, and the pound would then have risen when we voted to leave.

Cameron will go down in history as being the person that broke up the EU.

talked down the UK

Here's a suggestion to anyone who thinks you can "talk down" the economy.

Find a few like-minded people, link arms, and dance round your Daily Mails singing "Everythings's Great!"

Watch as the pound climbs, factories re-open, and coalfields blossom.

Not.

Presumably that cannot be the case.

It is often said that the financial market responds to confidence - or not - so, maybe not the public, but prominent figures predicting gloom and doom can have an effect.

Thatcher closed the factories and mines on purpose. I don't suppose that helped.

We can check that hypothesis.

Did this "talking down" suddenly happen overnight between 23rd and 24th June 2016?

Or did something else happen?

_91010609_pound_dollar624.png

and today it's $1.29660, so it hasn't "bounced back"

No. it started long before by predicting that gloom and doom if the vote was to leave.

As soon as it was known that Sunderland (3rd result) had voted that way the pound collapsed.

This was either good foresight that the final result would be the same (as Sunderland) and the forecast was true or a pre-arranged plot by speculators to do it.

Sponsored Links
Back