A brief summation of No 10's attempts to stay in the EU

All clever speculators had forward sold their pounds long before the voting day.

The mug punters rushed into gold the day after, and have not done well.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure the money markets are more than capable of coming to their own conclusions, and making their own predictions.
It's what they do best and it's how they earn their money.

But that's the problem, they came to their own conclusions simply because of the way Cameron tried to frighten the voters. He said that he'd remain no mater which way the vote went, and he told everyone that the UK would go into a meltdown if we voted to leave, so the conditions of Cameron being in charge of the UK after a leave vote, basically told the money markets that everything was going to go to the dogs. Conversely, if he'd talked the UK economy up in the event of a leave vote, the pound would have soured, exports would have dropped, holidaymakers would have gone abroad and taken their money with them, rather and an upsurge in visitors to the UK bringing money in, and we wouldn't have foreign companies buying Uk companies because of the cheap pound.

You're on about "talking up" and "talking down" again.

Here's a suggestion to anyone who thinks you can "talk down" the economy.

Find a few like-minded people, link arms, and dance round your Daily Mails singing "Everythings's Great!"

Watch as the pound climbs, factories re-open, and coalfields blossom.

Not.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, that liar Gasbag is reading my posts again.

Such a fibber.
Oh I forgot to ignore you you're right I'll do it straight away ....bye bye.....I don't want to read you're boring posts anymore. Have you ever started an interesting thread ??? On answer I don't care.

talked the UK economy up

It's time the Quitters linked arms and started chanting. Surely they can improve confidence and set the economy rising by repeating encouraging words to talk the economy up. Why haven't they done it already?

Meanwhile

"British business leaders may put on a brave face in public, but they're seriously worried about Brexit.

A new survey shows 76% of U.K. CEOs have considered moving their company headquarters or parts of their business out of the country in the wake of the Brexit vote in June.

"It would be surprising and almost negligent of CEOs to not be making contingency plans or evaluating options," said Simon Collins, U.K. chairman at KPMG, which conducted the survey. "

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/26/news/brexit-ceo-survey-kpmg-cbi/index.html?section=money_news_companies&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/money_news_companies+(CNNMoney:+Companies+News)

It must be especially galling for the UK government which is represented on the Council and also for the UK political parties which vote in the European Parliament (except UKIP, obviously, as Nigel draws his pay and allowances but almost never turns up to do the job he's paid for).

How terrible to be expected to comply with rules that you voted for....

Still, all that will end when (if) we eventually resign and give up our vote and our place in the conference rooms.

There'll be no more UK vetos once you flounce out.

But maybe Scotland will have a vote and a veto, even if England doesn't.

lunacy that is the EU

Lunacy indeed. But unfortunately not the end of the lunatics who have given it credence for so many years.
Once the eu goes they'll latch unto some other hare brained idealistic nonsense.

If they ever get past the bereavement stage. LoL.

Last edited:
Wouldn't surprise me.
Its the religion of peace after all.:rolleyes:

Wow, the anti-Muslim obsessives have invaded another thread!

this country had the biggest Empire the world has ever seen

fought 2 world wars in Europe & the far east

fought in the Korean War . The falklands war

Permanent member of the U.N security council , member of Nato

And than we have to go cap in hand to 20 odd other countries over the "Tampon Tax" :LOL:

Yep we had to go around Europe brown nosing a bunch of paper shuffeling . pencil pushing E.U civil servants over vat on "tampons" & sanitary products

We had to seek there permission :LOL:

Jeez :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
What would have happened if Britain had declared unilateral independence and removed VAT from tampons?

Would it have lead to WW3?

I hope your interest in the matter is more altruistic than Prince Charles' was/is.

Perhaps we could have made up the deficit by levying VAT on razors and at the same time discouraged such effeminate behaviour (although fashion seems to be helping in this regard).

Sponsored Links
Back