A brief summation of No 10's attempts to stay in the EU

Transam wants to model himself on Mussolini, and recreate the greatness of a lost Empire.

What next? The Austro-Hungarian? The Ottoman? The Soviet Union? The Third Reich? Attila the Hun? The Empire of the Sun? Charlemagne? Napoleon?

There have been lots of empires based om military conquest. Those days have almost gone.

Sponsored Links
Dunno about any of that

post was on the tampon tax ?
No it wasn't. It was about David Cameron's biography:
From cocky jokes to calamity - how Dave's big gamble blew up in his face: Told in a newly updated biography, the inside story of Cameron's downfall by LORD ASHCROFT and ISABEL OAKESHOTT

From OP's link.

Sponsored Links
Oh joy. Will we have any bargaining power when the US and Japan turn their back?

As an aside, would someone please explain the logic in being in awe of a. a country that is in so much debt, it had an eleventh hour vote to avoid bankruptcy, and b. a country who's economy has a debt to gdp ratio of c. 230% (UK, for comparison, 91%), and has been stagnant for two decades?

Germany will soon enter a similar depression to that that gave Hitler his pathway to power .......

I just love to see gasbag throw in his lunatic ideas.

heard on the radio this morning that opinion polls suggest that the Dutch attitude to coming out the E.U is gaining ground ?

pollsters suggest that any referendum vote would be to tight to predict.

45,000 turks have been jailed since the attempted coup , turkey now has more journalists in prison than any other nation on earth.

secular Turkey :) Hmmm ?

Islamic republic of Turkey on the way may be :idea::?: Turkish Christian minority had better look out ??

It was widely reported that the car industry would be badly affected by Brexit. We haven't left yet but the industry is already feeling the effects.
A car parts manufacturer, which employs about 800 people, has been put into administration....
This is an unusual administration.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-37516456

The boss of Nissan has warned that Brexit uncertainty and possible tariffs could damage investment in the UK's biggest car factory.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37515251

Honda boss : We want a fast decision on Brexit
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37511219

WTF does this statement mean?:confused:

I thought it was self evident, big businesses want immigration to continue unabated.

It will keep average wages down, the rich will get richer the average worker will get poorer.

The EU was supposed to bring all Countries together under one Super state, thus no more wars within Europe.
An admiral idea in many ways, unfortunately it's causing more civil strife, as different cultures don't integrate.

The EU was supposed to bring all Countries together under one Super state, thus no more wars within Europe

I seem to remember that it was initially put forward as a trading union that would rival America, which was an admirable idea; except Heath secretly knew that it was going to become a federal state. I wonder if he knew it was designed to give control to France and Germany. But it was never designed to stop wars, as that's always been Natos job, and that notion was only put forward during the referendum.

By virtue that the EU wants to harmonise taxes, create it's own army, and enforce all it's rules to the hilt, it shows it's only interested in becoming a superstate, and superstates are only interested in dominating their subjects. Call me paranoid, but how long would it have been before they then sent the EU army to supress any dissident states - lets see, isn't that what Germany and Russia do.

Sponsored Links
Back