A Few Days Ago.........

OK, let me explain.....why I think bolo was wrong to write about the other poster in the way that he did.
a) a person's personal hygiene has no bearing on their opinion, or the validity of that opinion. It's the substance and supportive evidence of their opinion that carries the argument, not their personal appearance. Otherwise, perhaps Einstein would have had problems.
I totally agree.
b) if bolo wanted to whisper the old "BO" in someone's ear, he could have done it via pm, or whatever
Again I totally agree but I chose not to.

c) the poster, with the personal hygiene problem, probably has loads of other 'social' problems because of their bodily hygiene. Social media could be one of those opportunities for them that personal hygiene has no effect. Bolo may have destroyed this poster's little world, possibly with their valuable opinions no longer available. Perhaps their opinions were not valuable, we'll never know.
Pure conjecture Morse!
d) I suspect bolo had an opinion on whether this other poster's opinions were valuable or not, and bolo exercised the opportunity to influence the extent to which this poster felt they could offer an opinion. That, to my mind, was underhanded. Otherwise, why point out the thread in which this poster was contributing.
You suspect wrongly my friend.
e) there is a possibility that bolo wanted some sort of lever over, either this poster, or some other imaginable poster in the future. So now people may think, "I'd better not upset bolo for fear of him identifying the obese, smelly poster as me." In which case bolo is(?) playing a very silly and underhanded game.
In your dreams Himaginn! There is also a possibility that the other contributors to this thread, big-all, EFL, sooey, blightymam, mitch, fender and so on, are meeting in Wetherspoons on Saturday night for a few pints and to discuss the sort of levers one might use against a poster who belittles others with his 'detective' smear then replies with his own investigative conclusions.

f) finally.....There was no need for bolo to resort to such tactics as ridiculing a fellow poster, whatever his opinions.
Not sure whether you mean the fellow posters opinions or my opinions. If it was the former, then I can tell you that his opinions weren't even considered. If it was the latter then I can also tell you that mine weren't considered either.
I thought bolo was way above that. I was wrong.
If you thought that I was way above that Himiginn, then you were right, you were wrong. However, there is nothing wrong in being wrong if the person you were talking about, in this case me, led you to believe that you were right even though you were wrong in that belief. Right?

Would I have behaved like that? I'd like to think that I wouldn't, despite all the differences between me and other posters.
And I thought that infallibility was monopolised by the Pope Himiginn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Uncle Bolo....don't feed him!!

We're related? I'm your uncle. NeffYou Mitch! Seriously though, I never thought for one second that I was 'feeding' Himaginn. I usually value his opinions but it just so happens that on this occasion, not being in possession of the true happenings on that journey, he's guessing wrongly. That's understandable of course, because I was very aware that my thread would seem to most if not all, as a huge put down of a fellow poster. That's because it was! I haven't named him and have no intention of explaining myself apart from quoting from one of my own replies:
despite my age, there is little wrong with my hearing.
And that lies at the heart of the matter.

Uncle Bolo....don't feed him!!

Himmy (or should that also be; Reindeer 1,2,3, Reindeer umpteenth, Red Herring, WWT?), just cannot help himself.
Maybe GD should have a Himmy health warning?

Over the months I've often disagreed and given stick for example to JD & Noseall (and taken it back). However, they give as good as they get and take incoming well - they see it all for what it is, don't take it personally and it's no real drama. In fact, they can put you down in just one or two lines. In saying that, it's often done in a way where it's amusing and causes no offence - some of Nosey's one liners are legendary!!

Himmy however, just seems to have a problem. He comes across as being unduly sarcastic, pompous and condescending when any poster disagrees - whilst at the same time attempting to be the forum intellect, which quite frankly I'm sure impresses no-one.
He's like an annoying itch that you can't quite scratch.

Quite frankly, I'm at the point now where I care not if I get banned for what I either say to, or about Himmy - he's that irritating.
However, I would hope it doesn't come to that, as there are a lot of nice people on here, who's opinions & advice etc that I respect hugely.

Rant over - sorry!

Sponsored Links
And I thought that infallibility was monopolised by the Pope Himiginn!
Fallibility, I do.
Spite, I try to avoid.

despite my age, there is little wrong with my hearing.
This is a bit cryptic. I know you made the comment earlier but I just let it pass that time.
Care to explain?

Himmy however, just seems to have a problem. He comes across as being unduly sarcastic, pompous and condescending when any poster disagrees - whilst at the same time attempting to be the forum intellect, which quite frankly I'm sure impresses no-one.
He's like an annoying itch that you can't quite scratch.
At least my comments are on-topic, not just senseless rants.

Quite frankly, I'm at the point now where I care not if I get banned for what I either say to, or about Himmy - he's that irritating.
However, I would hope it doesn't come to that, as there are a lot of nice people on here, who's opinions & advice etc that I respect hugely.

Rant over - sorry!
Try to contain yourself, there's a good fellow.

Himmy, when a fair few people say that you rant too much, why do you not take the hint?

I addressed him by his user name and said, "Good morning *******, I'm bolo on diynot, have a nice day". It was his turn to be gobsmacked!
Now why do you think he was gobsmacked Himiginn?
Himaginn............ not being in possession of the true happenings on that journey
Now I would guess on the little you know, that you are of the opinion that he was gobsmacked because a stranger had introduced himself as a fellow member of diynot. Perhaps he was just a little! But the true reason is that

despite my age, there is little wrong with my hearing.....
This is a bit cryptic.Care to explain?
I sat listening to 'them' for more than 2 hours!
Spite, I try to avoid.
Retribution yes! Spite never!

Fallibility, I do.
I've noticed as have others!
Himmy.......you rant too much

23j51di.png~c200

Himaginn, a couple of hours ago I logged in intending to send you a PM to explain that which I could not publish openly in this thread. However, my wife then asked if I would join her in a walk and I agreed because the PM would be a big step and perhaps I should give it some a little more thought. I am so glad that I went on that walk, because when I got back and logged on, I read this:
Tapping the keyboard too loudly?
It was a DIYnot convention?
The E-cigarette had a noisy exhaust?
:confused:
What a difference an hour and a new post reply makes! This old fool has just been reminded that there's no fool like an old fool.

Well bolo/ shutpa, I'm glad you enjoyed your walk.
I bet you felt like a new man when you'd returned. ;)
Are you still hearing voices? ;)

Ever considered suicide??
How could bolo/shutpa sit listening to suicide for two hours? Talk sense!
Keyboards can be noisy, DIYnot convention would be noisy, exhausts can be noisy. Suicide can be noisy, but you wouldn't sit listening to it for two hours!
Well most wouldn't.

Although we still don't know what bolo/shutpa was listening to, for two hours. Unless it was a voice activated phone. :confused:
Or the mystery poster was talking to themselves, or they were breathing noisily.

Sponsored Links
Back