A new glow-worm compact 100e please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have finally given up putting good money after bad with this boiler and now want to change it. They don't make these anymore by all accounts and the nearest replacement is a glowworm flexicom 30lux.

I have been quoted £782. plus VAT to supply one. Can anyone tell me is this a good price, or even better where can I get a compact 100e to do a straight swap?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
All replacement boilers have to be Condensing SEDBUK band A or B,
The Flexibom is a good alternative for what you have and be more efficient ;)

Is the £782+VAT supply only or supply and fit? If it's supply only you can get it much cheaper on the 'net, see here for £604+VAT (including a standard horizontal flue, sold seperately) http://www.discountplumbingsupplies.co.uk/product_info.php?&products_id=33. If it's supply and fit, including any required works to bring your current heating system up to modern standards, then take their hand off after you've checked they're Gas Safe Registered.

As Boilerman has said, you may not replace it with another Compact 100e, they cannot be installed any more, and in any case what's to say that won't break soon too?

Sponsored Links
up north you would be looking at around 1200 to 1500 depending on what system upgrades are required.

pay a bit more for an ultracom, much better boiler, good prices at City Plumbing at mo. Your in DMs territory, maybe he'll fit it on the snide lol

Supply fit and bring up to required spec approx £1500 +Vat, you have been quoted a reasonable price for supply only ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back