1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

A new theory on 9/11?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ABCwarrior, 15 Jan 2012.

1. Alarm

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Must be worse trying to justifiably account for something you cannot.

2. ABCwarrior

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oh, so if it's got "official" stamped on it then it really is right? Look at those fannies at the UEA caught tampering with climate data to further the governments carbon tax myth. If they're doing that ON BEHALF of a government to secure funding then what outcome other than "Osama and a bunch of fanatics pulled this off" do you think you'll get when it's investigated internally by US agencies?
    Same F*cking whitewash we get with every "public enquiry" here that's dragged out so long they hope most people don't give a f*ck by the time it's published.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. joinerjohn

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    But the UEA did this to fool the government into ensuring continued funding ABC. They quite literally told the government what the govt wanted to hear. They weren't told by the govt to manipulate the data, but did so of their own free will.
    Nowt so blind as them that don't want to see.

4. ABCwarrior

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes JJ, point taken. When I was at Uni I was told by a few of the lecturers that if departments that rely on government funding don't keep an eye on current "policy" and tailor their courses and research to suit them(and the outcomes) then funding is usually lost- they get well played off each other in different uni's.
    One of the senior professors who was overseeing my dissertation at the time and he was livid about CO2 being blamed as the cause of any significant changing of the climate, yet after the summer he'd done a 180 about turn and it was the root cause of all our woes yet he wouldn't be drawn as to why his opinions had changed.

I'm sure the UEA took the hit for that regardless of whether it was a carrot or stick affair.
    My (ex) sister-in-law started uni doing the same course one year later and has clung to academia, now has a doctorate(one up from my MSc), and is back lecturing at that very same uni. I've read numerous books on climate change that challenge the CO2 myth, but will she even read them(i've offered)? No, because she has to stick with this departmental line and she knows if she puts her head up over the parapet it's over career wise, so she would rather not know the content it seems.
    Oh sh*t, is that another conspiracy!!!!? They're everywhere I tell ya, once you've seen one, the floodgates are open!!!!

5. TheOriginalTonkaToy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Eh? The UEA didn't tamper with any data. No less than *eight* independent inquiries found that there was no evidence whatsoever of scientific misconduct. What *did* happen was that the scientists managing the data failed to release it to sceptics - what they should have done was publish it wholesale and let them pick over it. The refusal was understandable, but wrong.

6. TheOriginalTonkaToy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There's more than aluminium in airliners. Titanium, depleted uranium and steel for instance.

In any event it's all about kinetic energy - do the maths.

7. namsag

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  8. alumni

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You seem to be suffering a similar sort of affliction. did you read the tale about the fairies and goblins at the bottom of gardens - all true you know. :rolleyes:

9. namsag

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yep and the world used to be flat and if you dared to suggest otherwise you where executed.
    Yep Everything you are told must be true :rolleyes:

10. wobs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

11. wobs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    When would that have been then?