A Really Ridiculous Statement

Sorry guys I am stuck in hospital (yet again...!) with limited access...

I was complaining not so much about the wording of the statement but the fact that it is there at all speaks volumes about our namby-pamby society.
Fair enough third parties labelling their food as hot because you don't know how hot it is as you did not prepare it.

But in the case of home heated foods, you DO know. So you don't need to be told by the manufacturer that when you take it out of the oven it is going to be hot, to whatever degree.

On the science side of things, the sugar in the pudding is essentially sucrose in solution which has a higher bp than water and the more moisture that is driven off, the higher the bp becomes.

Amazing how people have survived for thousands of years without stupid messages being printed on the pack. If you put something in the oven or microwave or fire, it's gonna come out hot. Sensible people would test the temperature before stuffing it in their gob but as usual we have to allow for all the numbnuts of the world by printing the obvious. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Amazing how people have survived for thousands of years without stupid messages being printed on the pack
...It's also amazing how long we survived without litigation too, just a wee bit longer than the Yanks did. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Perhaps they are obliged to print such things because of the logical outcome of Labour's dumbing down policy of several years ago.

Common sense? Not very common these days.

Perhaps they are obliged to print such things because of the logical outcome of Labour's dumbing down policy of several years ago.

Common sense? Not very common these days.

Probably more to do with relaxing litigation regulations?

Not sure when the dumbing down started but as far as I can see successive govts have made a mess of education.

Now they are on about testing 4 year olds. Sweet Lord.

Instructions booklets really annoy me these days. You get ten pages of 'Elf & Safety ' cr@p, like don't dangle your feet in a bowl of water whilst sticking your fingers in the circuit board. But if you want to know how to turn the fooker on, you're fooked. :cry:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Another 'really ridiculous statement' is this:

"Tax avoiders would face bigger fines as part of Labour's plan to raise an extra £7.5bn a year, if the party wins the general election."

What they mean is - the rules are to be changed causing more tax to be payable.
See what I meant recently about the media regarding ignorance or intentional misleading.

Another 'really ridiculous statement' is this:

"Tax avoiders would face bigger fines as part of Labour's plan to raise an extra £7.5bn a year, if the party wins the general election."

What they mean is - the rules are to be changed causing more tax to be payable.
See what I meant recently about the media regarding ignorance or intentional misleading.

The Labour party is almost as idiotic as the people who vote for them.

Sponsored Links
Back