a very slippery stone resin shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i decided to refurbish my bathroom fitting a new bath basin and a corner shower cubicle i used a white stone resin tray,
I went to use it the other day and , it was just like a death trap so slippy its untrue, i was using shower gel, and had a job to stand up
i do notice there is quite a slope in it for the drain away of the water
i fitted dozens of showers over the years and most seem to have some sort of grips inside but this one is just smooth with long raised up strips at an angle back to the waste hole
what i am wondering does anyone know of a sticky type of tape with a non slip surface that i can put in the bottom so i do not have to use one of those stupid suction mats
I remember there used to be available some sort of decorative
flower shapes that stuck into the bottom of baths does anyone
know if they are still for sale

mick

Sponsored Links
Just googled and came back with:

http://www.noslipgatorgrip.com/servlet/the-Shower-Mats/Categories

Kids-tub-BGW400.jpg

Hi all i decided to refurbish my bathroom fitting a new bath basin and a corner shower cubicle i used a white stone resin tray,
I went to use it the other day and , it was just like a death trap so slippy its untrue, i was using shower gel, and had a job to stand up
i do notice there is quite a slope in it for the drain away of the water

So you never tried it out in the shop first. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
hi-i am a keen plumber (diy and small jobs for families and mates) but have never fitted a shower tray before. might be interested in having one in my bathroom instead of my old bath. are they difficult to fit? to they come with supports, etc like a bath does and instructions? i

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back