Aaargh! Why are tradesmen SO unreliable??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps all of you 'professionals' out there can enlighten me.

WHY ARE TRADESMEN SO BL***Y UNRELIABLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL?

Seems not to matter whether a small or large job. Why the hell do tradesmen either turn up late or not at all and then not provide quotes when they say they will?????

In my work, if a tender is late it is ignored. If one is late for a meeting, then the door is locked. Let someone down....... you don't work again!

What is it with tradesmen??

In my opinion, it's not only rude & uncouth but down-right un-professional!

Love to hear what the tradesmen think......

Sponsored Links
Yeah but you don't have a real job by the sounds of things.

One of my clients, earning approx. £200,000 asked me why I am often late turning up. he pointed out that he is often 10 minutes early. I retorted that I don't earn enough to turn up early and sit there twiddling my thumbs.

pay me three times the going rate and I will be there on time and keep a window open at the end of the job in case I over run.

Pay me even more and I will have a team of 20 who will get the job done 10 times faster.

Want to pay me the going rate? If I over run on my current job you will have to wait until I finish that job.

Basic economics.

We don't over run on purpose but it does happen. that said, there is seldom a valid reason for not informing the client of any delays.

Bleat, moan, cry, complain, its such a hard life working for living
What utter bollix, tradesmen who turn up late are just shoite and should be avoided.

End of thread.

-------------------------------------

Sponsored Links
freddymercurystwin

so if you are on a job that is over running do you just walk off site so that you can start the next one?

btw i wasn't moaning, i was explaining that there are economic considerations to take into account.

I try to turn up on time to quote jobs but sometimes you are held up. More often than not the client is 30 minutes late. If i don't get the job i am out £50 in my time, potentially making me late for the next client..

Well it's good to hear that some people still have morals. My faith is marginally restored. Thank you PrenticeBoyofDerry.

As for others..... Joe-90? You should be ashamed!

It is not about the job, it is about the person and their respect for other's and their time. If you get delayed, call ahead. There's abslutely no excuse!

As for economics.....? Where are the economics in viewing a job and then simply not responding? Or advertising and then not answering emails or voicemails when offering to quote?

It seems that the industry and in my expereince all trades, have forgotten who pays the wages.

Is there really so much work around that no-one can be bothered with simple good manners?

Bring back a good ol' recession to clear out the dead wood. Seems that the current one was not deep enough in my neighbourhood!!!

Then tell us about your neighbourhood, What you earn and what you do for a living. (he won't). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EpsilonD"

have you considered that they don't like your elitist Lord Snooty-esque antiquated Victorian values?

Another possibility is that your butler couldn't hear them knock at the tradesmen entrance in the West wong.

The number of times people have contacted me to give them an estimate, arrangements and time is arranged TO THEIR CONVIENCE,

I have turned up only to find no one in, or the person responsible has gone out and no one has details of the job, and I have been told to call back later,

"Sod em", some blo*dy customers dont deserve reliable tradesmen

The reason we are late for jobs is we get focused on the task in hand, get distracted and takes longer. Also we don`t leave job till its fixed, thus we may have to say longer than we thought we would. Then do not realise till we have finished, what the times is.

£200,000 per year. That's just beer money to Gareth Bale,, £300,000 per week, whadya think ? Hmm,,, wonder if he needs any jobs doing. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back