Absolutely!...

Sponsored Links
However, not having one of your parents there on a daily basis has an effect unlike any other.

Add to that bad teachers...................?
Yes, but this would mean that all the teachers that the child encounters would need to be bad. Some are but a lot are not. This would mean blaming the entire school for the behaviour of one child. Ridiculous.

No it wouldn't. One bad teacher can have a detrimental affect on a child's life let alone their education.

Sponsored Links
No it wouldn't. One bad teacher can have a detrimental affect on a child's life let alone their education.
You are going off in a different direction here me thinks. A bad uncle or bad family friend can affect a child for the rest of their lives too.
The references to teaching in respect to this thread were teaching methods regards discipline etc. Poorly disciplined children are shown the ropes at home. They take this with them to the classroom.

You're not forced to spend your time with a bad family friend, uncle or anyone else with the exception of our teachers? How do you avoid a bad teacher?

Thinking back to my own school days good teachers had the respect of the class and were always in control. The bad ones couldn't control themselves and would resort to violence to try and get control.

You're not forced to spend your time with a bad family friend, uncle or anyone else with the exception of our teachers? How do you avoid a bad teacher?
In that respect I agree but has little relevance to this thread.

Discipline could be better enforced at schools but it is not where the rot begins.

In that respect I agree but has little relevance to this thread.

Then why bring it up.

Discipline could be better enforced at schools
Fair enough. Should we go back to the good old days when teachers were able to discipline a child with a slipper, the cane, maybe a punch, the chair, ball-pane hammer or anything else that came to hand?

but it is not where the rot begins

So bad families = bad kids. There are many examples of children from good families going bad. Surely good families = good kids.

Fair enough. Should we go back to the good old days when teachers were able to discipline a child with a slipper, the cane, maybe a punch, the chair, ball-pane hammer or anything else that came to hand?

That's what noseall needed.:D
Charming. I did hit my left index finger with a lump hammer with said finger laid on some solid oak. Taught me not to do it again.

Thinking back to my own school days good teachers had the respect of the class and were always in control.

Yes, fear, and it worked.

Those kids then grew into decent specimens of human life, thus passing it on to their offspring.

F*cked up now.

No lamb, the good ones didn't instill fear, they engaged with the class, encouraged and motivated them. They didn't have or need fear in their tool box.

Where did the first bad parents come from?

I know, in this thread, I should not end the sentence with a preposition so:

Whence did the first bad parents come?

Sponsored Links
Back