Accenta 8 keypad inop

".... Well get someone in then with a set of ladders. You clearly aren't up to the job.... "

Hang on mate, you're telling him to get someone in now, yet you decided to take over helping him to sort the problem... and you still haven't answered the question.... duh !!

Sponsored Links
Just answer the question Joe ? Prove now that the keypad is dead and gone. If you can't answer this time, then we'll take it that you don't know.

I've just asked you three questions. Why won't you answer them?

We told the OP how to reboot the system. This will show that the keypad has (or not) crashed, but he seems unwilling to try it for some reason?

I'm not sure how any one other than the OP can show if the keypad hhas crashed or not?

The reason is my friend is that if the pad is infact dead I don't have means to shut the alarm up once the tamper has tripped , I will wait till battery arrives and follow instructions , no one had advised what to do if I reboot and iam left with a alarm going off and no way of turning off , iam constantly told to turn power off then reset and then turn alarm off via pad , great if the power to pad is restored ,,,, but if not

Post a photo of the pcb in your end station and well tell you which wire to disconnect to stop the external sounder from going off if rebooting the system doesn't work.

Quite simply, it's the difference between professionals and plumbers. but you are not expected to be bothered about that. If you are having the same old story from the same people, doesn't it tell you anything at all ?

You were earlier told to replace the keypad, by a plumber. He is now telling you that you are not doing as you're told ... naughty boy.. I think the last post speaks for itself. But the plumber has not proved to you with one iota of evidence that the keypad is at fault. Again, I request that you ask him point blank for irrevocable evidence based on what he now knows about your system. Ask him.
So you can verify Joe's background can you Daisy?

Thought not.
Yet another of your tiresome posts insulting others whilst trying to claim the moral high ground.

Sponsored Links
Bernard refuses to give me a ISBN number to read his so called books, he does not write about security, if he writes at all, Europlex does not install security systems, I have that from a good source. You claim to have installed 1000 systems in 25 years, That's good isn't it ? Well, no it's not. It works out that it takes you on average 8 days and 5 hours to install a system. A friend of mine who works for himself says that he must install at least two systems a week or his family starve, simple as that. You take 16 days and ten hours to install two systems, that's nearly three weeks, still proud of your boasts ? Now answer the question. State your evidence categorically that the keypad has bit the dust. This man is waiting for answers. ANSWER THE QUESTION !!
If you want to bandy figures about Daisy, have a look at your mates.
He claims to have done 2,000 in the last 4 months.
Not bad going eh?

Care to explain that? Don't be shy.

Just answer the question Joe ? Prove now that the keypad is dead and gone. If you can't answer this time, then we'll take it that you don't know.

I've just asked you three questions. Why won't you answer them?

We told the OP how to reboot the system. This will show that the keypad has (or not) crashed, but he seems unwilling to try it for some reason?

I'm not sure how any one other than the OP can show if the keypad hhas crashed or not?

The reason is my friend is that if the pad is infact dead I don't have means to shut the alarm up once the tamper has tripped , I will wait till battery arrives and follow instructions , no one had advised what to do if I reboot and iam left with a alarm going off and no way of turning off , iam constantly told to turn power off then reset and then turn alarm off via pad , great if the power to pad is restored ,,,, but if not

So just what do you think the battery will do?

Well get someone in then with a set of ladders. You clearly aren't up to the job.

So because I don't own a set of ladders iam not up to the job.... And you clearly are having trouble reading ,,, iam not interested in your input ... Can't you read ..

This is the sixth page of posts regarding this topic. I am implementing new rules from today in the interests of the general public who require helpful, honest and professional advice in the diynot forums.

1) I shall reply to those posts made by the person who originally raised the original query only. No other posts shall be answered if in my opinion they are not in the best interests of resolving the original problem.

2) From today, no abusive nor sarcastic comments aimed at other regular members of the forum, regardless of their status, shall be made by myself, despite the fact that I have received abuse from these people in the past. No further malice is anticipated on my part, you shall simply be ignored.

3) You may continue to make frivolous and inflammatory remarks which do not serve to resolve the initial problem. However, please note that your post shall not receive a reply from this quarter. You are therefore simply using space on this forum with no good reason.

4) Remarks, comments, personal abuse and so on, shall not receive a reply.

5) Questions aimed at myself which bear no consequence to the topic heading shall no longer receive replies.

6) Questions or comments aimed at myself by persons whom I am aware have used derogatory and intimidating language to myself at any single point in the past shall be totally ignored.

7) This post is copied for insertion into existing and new posts where it is considered necessary to do so.

Chain Daisy

Why don't you set up a forum where you can be the chief administrator and set the rules to suit your own needs. You could even vet the people offering advice and remove those who question your opinions.

I too have copied your new rules for future reference. You may realise they do not enhance your reputation and then, in an attempt to repair your reputation, you may decide to delete them.

Well get someone in then with a set of ladders. You clearly aren't up to the job.

So because I don't own a set of ladders iam not up to the job.... And you clearly are having trouble reading ,,, iam not interested in your input ... Can't you read ..

The info that I have given you is the same as that that everyone else has given you apart from Daisy who hasn't given you any.

Sooner or later you are going to have to reboot the system. If you cannot switch it off as the keypad will not accept your code, then a set of ladders might be handy, don't you think? There is NO other advice tha anyone can give you. You either try it - or leave it as it is.

Hi Rick,

It's time to get cracking on resolving this problem now, the posts have gone on long enough. Please post your e.mail address as a private message to myself and we'll make a start... enough nonsense. Agreed ?

First and foremost, do you have the engineering manual and the user manual for this panel, if not, I'll email them to you. Next post shall be a resume of what we already know from your posts and anything which needs to be filled in by yourself in the way of further info.

Thanks.

CD.

Europlex does not install security systems, I have that from a good source.
For once I'm going to agree with you there, I don't. That was an easy one to answer.

I'll ask you one question, what did your 'good source' say that I do, he/she must have said something?

I'd be interested to find out what I'm supposed to be doing.

Right or wrong, I'll agree or disagree with what ever you come up with, and by the way, as I've said before, I'm not a liar. So for answering one simple question you'll find out quite a lot, one way or another.

Are you up for it?

Hi Rick,

From your first post:

Your first post: power light on panel is lit red. Sensors are detecting, door chime u/s, keypad backlights on, power light off. " ... seems first call looks like the box and change battery ..... " your comment in first post.

The panel is Accenta 8. No ladders available. Further posts by others confirm what you have stated at the outset insofar that the battery also needs changing. You indicated in your first post that you do not have ladders but other posts suggest that you use a ladder.

Another post suggested that you buy a new keypad and that same person then says that the alarm has crashed. and another that you use the keypad which is not working and in another there is a suggestion that you buy a new control panel.

You are awaiting delivery of a new battery from ebay.

You do not want the external warning device to sound for longer than necessary when you are investigating the problem.

So that's the six pages of posts condensed to just one post in a nutshell,

Further post to follow.

CD

You missed my post asking the OP for a photo of the PCB so we could advise which wire he needs to disconnect to stop the external sounder from going off whilst he effects a repair.

You missed my post asking the OP for a photo of the PCB so we could advise which wire he needs to disconnect to stop the external sounder from going off whilst he effects a repair.
He's too busy qriting volume III of "Paranoia and all the world's against me" to notice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back