Accenta 8 keypad inop

Like I said:
If the worst comes to the worst, you can always ditch the power (240v and battery) in the panel and let the bell outside ring for about 20 minutes. It should then stop. This will annoy the neighbours so don't do it at eleven o'clock at night!! Do it when they're out or warn them first...

- it's only an alarm, it can only make a noise!

... or get a ladder.

Sponsored Links
If the worst comes to the worst, you can always ditch the power (240v and battery) in the panel and let the bell outside ring for about 20 minutes. It should then stop. This will annoy the neighbours so don't do it at eleven o'clock at night!! Do it when they're out or warn them first...

- it's only an alarm, it can only make a noise!
...... and EigthyTwo, as you don't seem to know very much about alarm systems, I suggest you keep your unhelpful posts to yourself.

Why are you telling him, and others, to do to do this,

rickj63, while waiting for the battery, turn off the mains to the alarm, open the panel and remove the old battery. Close the panel and turn the mains back on, now you will have enter your code to stop it.

Do this to save the panel from any more problems that the faulty battery may cause.

Sponsored Links
Yes and if it doesn't include a re-boot I'll eat my monitor. :rolleyes:

Hello Rick,

"...First and foremost, do you have the engineering manual and the user manual for this panel, if not, I'll email them to you...."

Send me a private message on this, so that we can get cracking (unless there are any pressing issues at the moment, if so, in your own time mate)

CD

Rick

Take care about the advice you receive from Chain Daisy. He had already suggested you connect a battery to an output of your panel. That would have caused damage to your panel. When he was told that he agreed, tried a bit of waffle and then deleted the post.

The damage may be immediately obvious when the panel is re-started in that the hold off voltage will not be there and the external bell will sound. Or the damage may be that protective components are damaged and, when needed, are no longer able to protect the panel. Chain Daisy refered to these protective diodes, they protect the panel against transient surges but would very likely be damaged by prolonged application of 12 volts.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the private message.

Due for a start now, after about seven pages of posts,

Take care,

CD

Hi Rick,

Check your e.mails.

Manuals sent as attachments.

Contact you later,

CD

Hi Rick,

Check your e.mails.

Manuals sent as attachments.

Contact you later,

CD

Yes recieved huge thanks for taking time to help with polite replies,battery arrived today so will see what i can do this Saturday.
kind regards

Put it in the panel and reboot it - like we've told you all week.

We'll never know, he'll be too embarrassed to post again to say that we were correct.

Correct you will never know although not through embarrassment , you need to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt child . You keyboard terrorists are all the same , I consider others who may not apprieciate me working on a alarm at 7 in evening .

We'll never know, he'll be too embarrassed to post again to say that we were correct.

Correct you will never know although not through embarrassment , you need to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt child . You keyboard terrorists are all the same , I consider others who may not apprieciate me working on a alarm at 7 in evening .
It's a shame that.

Forums are all about learning & teaching, if our answer to your problem is correct, what a waste it will be to others who might be looking for an answer.

By the way, doing what you have to do will not annoy anyone other than your household for a few seconds.

Don't forget there is mains electricky in the box, it can hurt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back