Accenta 8 Mini control panel query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope someone out there can help me.

The other night my neighbour came and told me that the strobe on my alarm above was flashing although the alarm had not gone off on the house nor had we had a power cut.

Upon investigation we found that the tamper light was lit up on the control panel.
Since then, we have replaced the battery and checked the bell box and replaced the control panel with another. However, the tamper light is still on constantly, and now there are two more lights showing, one which looks like a lock and another which looks like a two pin plug socket. As there was no booklet supplied with the control panel we do not know what these symbols mean.
Does anyone have a booklet we can download or explain these symbols to us. Also the control panel is lit up but no tones come from it.

HELP :cry:

Sponsored Links
Need more info OP

Whats the type of system you have installed now?

Can help with USER manuals no problem.

Sponsored Links
Well whatever it is, sounds like a tamper fault and the systems locked out.

Handy with a meter OP? and have your ladders ready.

It is an Accenta 8 Mini and has been installed about 15 years ago and did not have an engineer code installed into it at the time as we were told we did not need it.

It did initially come up with tamper fault but now has more symbols showing and new keypad is different to original.
What is a meter op??

Sorry OP means original poster

Going by your first post, you had an accenta, then replaced it with another system, correct??

You still have a tamper fault on the system, could be the panel, rkp, or sab, the system locks-out until the fault clears.

Sorry no it is still an accenta 8 mini which was originally installed but the original control panel was worn so ordered a replacement and was sent another which the box says is an ADE 8EP416-EU Accenta + as the same one was no longer available.

The rkp was replaced due to the micro switch on the back being broke. Fitted a new upgraded one and still cannot clear the tamper fault.
Yesterday managed to get the green light on with a picture of a padlock and the red light one which looks like a plug came on and spanner / tamper switch light was on also red, but keypad numbers although lit up were in-op.
When keypad changed over, wiring was copied like for like as connectors on new rkp were the same as the old one.

Also fitted new back up battery. :confused:

Sorry no it is still an accenta 8 mini which was originally installed but the original control panel was worn so ordered a replacement and was sent another which the box says is an ADE 8EP416-EU Accenta + as the same one was no longer available.

The rkp was replaced due to the micro switch on the back being broke. Fitted a new upgraded one and still cannot clear the tamper fault.
Yesterday managed to get the green light on with a picture of a padlock and the red light one which looks like a plug came on and spanner / tamper switch light was on also red, but keypad numbers although lit up were in-op.
When keypad changed over, wiring was copied like for like as connectors on new rkp were the same as the old one.

Also fitted new back up battery. :confused:

Have you tried powering down then back up again?

Double check the the wiring on the rkp and that the spring or switch is closing (sorry i'm not conversant with these systems)

if the above is ok, the tamper fault lies with the panel lid, external sounder or zone wiring.
Make sure the spring on the panel pcb is making contact with the lid when closing, you should hear a small click.

TBH i think you've went wrong along the way with the sab or global tamper

Do you have / can you use a multimeter?? if not i suggest you call the services of an alarm company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back