Accenta+ Beeping Every Few Seconds From Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

losing the will to live a bit with this now!

i have a honeywell Accenta+ house alarm and haven't used it for a couple of years. Recently it has started to beep or click from the control panel every 2-3 seconds (24/7!)

i assumed it was the battery and as such bought a new one today and replaced it... however now i cannot re-connect the battery without (i assume) the tamper alarm going off, i tried entering my code for the alarm whilst it was going off (as the control panel is unresponsive until i plug the battery back in) but to no avail!

currently i have the backup battery unplugged, the alarm is still clicking every other second and the control panel only has the power light lit with control panel being unresponsive until i plug the battery in which then sets off the panel alarm.

help please :)

Sponsored Links
Best bet open panel remove bell trip wire B keypad comms and sound wire and speaker wire if fitted sound like it's seen its day . 0123 is the default code try that first.

thanks for the prompt reply!

i have took out the first wire (a white one) but when i try to take out the ones connected to the panel speaker (also white ones) it trips the external alarm?

maybe i am doing something wrong?

Sponsored Links
Google accenta eng manual .... You will see a pcb diagram only remove B and one of the ls or speaker wires, it may not even have a speaker connected , it's between the power for the detectors and strobe terminals, the keypad connectors are on the left side of pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back