Accenta G3 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I wonder if anyone can help me with a Accenta G£/Optima G3 alarm problem.?

The alarm has started to sound without being set-

The display reads

11.02(think this maybe the time!) then 11:03A TRBL SUPPLY

Can anyone please tell me what this code means and how to fix the problem please.?

If it is the Electricity supply,Im not sure why a fault is being shown as nothing has tripped or supply interrupted

thanks in advance

John

Sponsored Links
Has it ever had a new battery?

Bet anything you like that is the problem.

Hi Europlex-thanks for the response.
I would be delighted if it were simply a battery issue.I have had the alarm for 8 years,fitted when new house built but was always under the impression it was powered from the mains(that said there is no label in the consumer unit to say this)
If it is a battery issue it (heres the numpty question) I expect it will be in a separate box and clearly not in the user Panel) but is it possible that it is run from the mains(like our smoke alarm).Presumably if I cant find it,it will be?
I expect either way you will then need an engineers code to access?

I will check for the battery and revert

Cheers

Panel is mains powered, but the mains supply also charges a back up battery that is inside the panel. (There is also another back up battery inside the bell box).
Opening the panel should only be done with mains supply isolated and will cause tamper alarm to sound.Also if battery is discharged or disconnected & so not holding off the bell box , the alarm will ring. (& revert panel to factory setting)
You need engineers code entered before starting to swap battery.If not known, revert it to factory settings, change battery then reprogramme.

Sponsored Links
Have you run through the event log to see when the fault first started which can then assist you in finding out what fault is there.
If you can not access the event logs then there is the reset to default process which will remove all personal settings and leave the system in a state where it will require re programming to your preferences, ie: enter/exit times and zone settings.
As an addition the (BL) part of your error code is probably the BELL box test which has failed and you either need to have that looked at or change the SAB battery to do this you will need to enter into engineer mode.
Your full instructions and information is available to down load from the web if you do not have it to hand. (it will tell you have to reset to default and so you will then have the default codes for user and engineer modes.

Hope this may be of some help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back