Accenta Gen4 - Adding 2nd Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Just newly joined the forum here as was browsing some of the forums and wondered if anybody could help with a small query:

I need to increase the security of my ground floor flat and have decided that it would be a good idea to add an additional bell-box to the alarm system that I originally installed as per subject line with an AG6 bellbox.

My concern is that I would like to undertake the small project with the minimum of disruption and without triggering any alarms. Can I just check that - if I enter engineer mode (i.e. by pressing 'P' and then the four digit code) that anything I do after that will not trigger an alarm?

Essentially there is a backup battery and I will be powering down the unit, unscrewing the bellbox connectors, adding in the new cables in no particular order, removing the existing T Return and using a connecting block to connect it to the Hold Off (-) of the new box whilst wiring the T Rtn of the new box to the T SCB of the central unit. Does this sound right?

Thank you,

Mart.

Sponsored Links
It's an alarm system, you start to 'play' with it and it will make a noise, it's what they dooooooo!

Sponsored Links
Thanks that article was helpful. The existing box takes power from the battery (SCB) so I guess I could set the 2nd box to SAB.

What I am really wondering is how the alarm bell box 'knows' it is in engineer mode... For example if I remove the TR wire or the hold off - wire from the existing box in engineer will the bell box alarm go off?

Or if any of the other wires lose connection whilst I am adding in the new box wiring wiould that cause a problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back