Accenta mini gen 4 / AG6 bell box no sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought a new alarm system to go in our house, I've wired it all myself and followed all the manuals and consulted this and other forums for help when needed.

I have had the system working just fine since the weekend and today I climbed up and attached the Accenta AG6 bell box/sounder to the wall. all wires are correct to the manual as follows
G4 AG6
ST- ST Yellow
T Rtn White
A Green
D Red
B Blue

The manual states blue would go to SW on the AG6, It actually only says S.
Firstly when I connected it all and powered it up, the alarm would not shut up, unless I removed power. I checked over everything, I changed fuses, I took the bell off the wall and wired it next to the panel, still no luck. I then removed the blue cable and in fiddling around I blew the fuse at the panel as I hadn't disconnected the battery. I replaced it and tried again still nothing.
I then realised I never moved the link from TEST to BATT on the AG6. Voila! It stopped!
But now the AG6 will not sound at all. Doing a bell test, setting the system off it just won't sound. The strobe however flashes. I troubleshooted some more and swapped the yellow ST- strobe connector at the AG6 with the S sounder. I powered up again and did the tests, the sounder now rings when the system goes off or when I select strobe test. However when I select bell test the strobe doesn't work.
Therefore I believe the connector B (blue wire) at the panel must be shot.

Can anyone advise me on what to do?
Is it possible to connect sounder and strobe to the strobe connector at the panel and run them both together?

Thanks for help

Ben

Sponsored Links
A and D are power
S strobe
B bell
T tamper return

If you have wired correctly bell test fires bekl strobe test fires strobe.

Manually take strobe or bell to 0 volts and strobe or bell should fire accordingly.

If you have spare cores you can swap.

Accenta A is 0V and D 12V.

Yeh that's the way it's wired. As per the manual.

I got a voltmeter and took these readings

All wired as per the diagrams, only the right Led on, no alternate flashing

+/- 13.6v (as expected)
S/- 4.4v (IS THIS TOO LOW?)
S/+ 9.2v
St/- 12.4v
St/+ 11.5v

With strobe test activated, and strobe flashing
St/- .725
St/+ 12.87v

With bell test activated, but again it isn't sounding
S/- 4.4v
S/+ 9.2v

If I remove the wire running B at panel to S at siren (the sounder wire)(led now flash alternate)
At ag6
S/- 12.62v
S/+ 9.6v

At panel
B/+ 13v
B/- 0v

Can anyone tell me with those readings which is the faulty unit?!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back