(Accenta/Optima) Burglar Alarm fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Newbie here, first post

I have a Accenta/Optima Mini G3 Alarm system, which was installed around 10 years ago and apart from the occasional spurious triggering it has operated without fault over this period.

This system has recently developed a fault where the power light on (2 remote keypads) flashes – slowly - at approx 1 second intervals. I have also noticed that the entry/exit warning bleeps sound a little strangled (almost as if it’s under water)

The power light on the main panel is OK, so I have assumed that the problem related to either (mains) power feed or the internal battery.

After replacing the (mains input) fuse and the battery, the problem still persists

The operating (inc the installation) instructions make no reference to this type of fault, so has anyone any ideas about the likely cause and any possible fix?

Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and replace the main panel?

Sponsored Links
Changed the battery recently? Should have a new one every 3 years..... I've not heard of this fault, we have a few G3's out there. I'd personally power cycle the panel, power up off a fresh battery and go from there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back