Accents Bell Box Connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, Sorry if this has been answered several times before but I need some help, I have two bell boxes back and front with both wires returning to the panel. I have wired them the same on both boxes however I am having a tamper issue. I did daisy chain the back and front wires but still no help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That looks ok
What bell boxes are you using ?
Have you made rear bell SCB mode
Could be power issue causing tamper

That looks ok
What bell boxes are you using ?
Have you made rear bell SCB mode
Could be power issue causing tamper

Hi guys. Thank you for the reply, the issue I am facing is I have no wires running panel to panel if that makes sense? I have attached a pic of the wiring to both back and front bell boxes.

The bell boxe is AG6.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 485
Sponsored Links
If both bell box wire come back to the control panel and are wired with the same colours
V+both red wire in bell +
V- from front bell box black in bell -
White wire from front bell box link onto black wire of back bell box via termi bloc
White wire from back bell box put in tamper return in panel
Green wire from both bell box in bell ring sw-
Blue wire from both bell boxes in st strobe
If you are still having tamper fault it will be power issue and need to make one bell box SCB mode.your pic does not show SCB jumper so will not work

If both bell box wire come back to the control panel and are wired with the same colours
V+both red wire in bell +
V- from front bell box black in bell -
White wire from front bell box link onto black wire of back bell box via termi bloc
White wire from back bell box put in tamper return in panel
Green wire from both bell box in bell ring sw-
Blue wire from both bell boxes in st strobe
If you are still having tamper fault it will be power issue and need to make one bell box SCB mode.your pic does not show SCB jumper so will not work

Hi mate. Thank you for the reply. Not sure if I have done this right but I have attached a pic. Please let me know

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Have you used the same colour wiring for both bell boxes.
Bell ring should have 2 green wires if you have used the same colours?

Have you used the same colour wiring for both bell boxes.
Bell ring should have 2 green wires if you have used the same colours?

Yes, I have used the exact same wires. The two green wires I have used for bell-?

Last edited:
A is -volts should be black then the white tamper return from the front bell box should be linked onto the black of the rear bell box in the connector block.The White tamper return from the rear bell box then goes in T on the panel.
If you are still having problems disconnect rear bell and connect front if tamper fault clears front bell box ok.
Then do the same with the rear bell box disconnect front and connect rear bell.If tamper fault clear rear bell ok
Reconnect both bell boxes as per instruction.if tamper fault then power issue and one bell box needs to be sab mode and the other SCB mode.
Hope that helps you

A is -volts should be black then the white tamper return from the front bell box should be linked onto the black of the rear bell box in the connector block.The White tamper return from the rear bell box then goes in T on the panel.
If you are still having problems disconnect rear bell and connect front if tamper fault clears front bell box ok.
Then do the same with the rear bell box disconnect front and connect rear bell.If tamper fault clear rear bell ok
Reconnect both bell boxes as per instruction.if tamper fault then power issue and one bell box needs to be sab mode and the other SCB mode.
Hope that helps you

Hi sorry for the late reply. The front bell box is fine when connected all alone. Where as the back bell box is not. It does not come out tamper lock out. Can I just connect it up and leave out the back tamper?

Hi guys, alarm is all sorted. Another issue, they are two set of alarms for both flats. The issue I now have is that the bell box lights are not in sync is that makes sense? Can I carry the power to each bell box from both alarm or any other advice? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back