Access Panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post on these forums, so hi!

I have recently purchased a ground floor leasehold flat and am in the process of redecorating/tiling.

I have come across some unsightly access panels that look horrid and seem to have access to the upper flats wastes. I am not sure if I allowed to tile over these?

The flat use to be shared ownership (part owned by a management company) but I have since bought the entire leasehold. A builders who came round said you can do what you like with them, but I am not too sure.

Some pics

gWLUAKul.jpg

oOfcfFBl.jpg

Sponsored Links
There will probably be a condition in your deeds requiring you to provide access to other flats' pipes and cables running through your flat.

If you do tile over them they will have to be broken open in the event of any problem, and you will be responsible for any added costs incurred by the work and delay.

Make panels to cover the holes, sized to be an integral number of tiles, tile over them but use silicone sealant instead of grouting - that will hold the tiled panels in place but can be cut through if you need to get them off.

Or buy some extra tiles.

Or do away with the tiles.

Yeah I think I will make a bracket behind and use some neodymium magnets to hold the tile in place.

I have the same issue with my bathroom that is currently being refurbished. the tiles are 60x40 so I guess this is the best way to do it

Sponsored Links
renbaz89 said:
I have the same issue with my bathroom that is currently being refurbished. the tiles are 60x40 so I guess this is the best way to do it
cm? Just an FYI, in this industry if you don't mention units, mm is assumed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back