Accident damaged Vectra 150 Sri 2008

Sponsored Links
Looks like a category C ..........
Meaning the cost of repair will be more than the car will be worth on the open market. This is especially true if one or more air bags have popped, which they probably have and the direction of the front wheel in relation to the other one, meaning steering and suspension damage. Not sure of the cost in a body shop to be honest, if its for insurance the numbers can be frightening.

But if the steering is as it should be and you are OK fitting secondhand airbags and panels it will be worth doing for yourself. Painting might be an issue for DIY, it looks to be a metallic finish.

As long as everyone is OK ................

Steering is fine and no airbags were deployed. It is just body damage, driver side wing, headlight and front bumper.

Everyone was OK.

Do check out the wheel alignment before you crack on, mate - the wishbones bend nicely on these.
This can be done by the likes of KwikFit, and the frontal damage doesn't matter.
I guess your insurers don't want to talk repairs?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Third part fire and theft, I took the cheap option this year and am now bloody regretting it.

The collision was with a deer, wheel alignment looks and seems fine, but will get a second opinion.

Rotten luck that, but some compensation that further damage is unlikely!
Is there any damage to the inner wing?
Many bits should be available on Ebay, or maybe the partsfinder sites.
Looks like its a nice motor too!
Deer are a bloody menace.....if I hit one on my motorbike its game over. Oooh we mustn't cull them, of course :confused:
John :)

Everyone was OK.

Except the deer, presumably?

Amazing the damage an animal can do to the plastic bits and flimsy metal on modern cars. Still, at least you've probably got a good supply of free range venison in the freezer. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back