ACS and my gas portfolio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if there are any engineers in West Yorkshire who would allow me to 'participate' in a couple of jobs so that I can add to my gas portfolio.

I'm currently about 25 jobs in but have yet to experience any gas meter related work. If there was anyone out there with a job or two on the horizon, didn't mind me tagging along and getting involved it'd be ever so appreciated. I've got 12 years plumbing experience so I'd not be totally useless.

Yours,

Mark

Sponsored Links
There may be some people close to retirement who will be helpful.

But be aware that someone young and expanding his business might be less likely to want to encourage yet more RGIs in an already over crowded workplace.

I totally agree, I'm willing to travel within the county so hopefully they'd not think I'd be trying to steal business on their doorstep, I'm also close to North Yorkshire too, for anyone who might be watching the post.

Are you currently employed or self employed?
Would probably help you to be flexible and not just available on evenings weekends etc.
Have you tried asking in merchants etc?

Sponsored Links
Where are you taking your acs?

If you are doing it at Leeds college of building they should be able to sort you out with someone.

I took my acs in Beeston. But it has since moved to Hunslet. Try giving them a ring and ask to speak to Mark or Tony

I'm self employed so I'm flexible. I've got a great guy helping me but he says any meter related work is few and far between. I know I'd probably not get much related work so taking the meter option is probably not really high on agenda, it'd still be nice to sit it though but it's the elusive experience.

Just seen it is meter experience you are wanting. Have you tried contacting northern gas networks? Maybe they will let you tag along with one of their guys for a day?

I did my acs at leeds college of building.
When you say meter work i take it you mean installation of meters?

A very good idea, maybe worth trying to find a contact there! I'm let to believe even amending the installation pipework around the meter counts as relevant experience.

Better to tell us which ACS modules you are doing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back